April Toons Week is an event that begins on April 1st and ends on April 8th. The first week of April marks the time where Toontown's silly levels rise at grand proportions. The event is based on April Fool's Day, which is celebrated in many countries on the first day of April.
All sorts of wacky happenings occur during this event such as gravity disappearing, Toon sounds being jumbled up, and effects going haywire. Depending on the year, Toontown may sometimes end up becoming even wackier with a new form of silliness.
- Walking in the streets would trigger a Grand Piano dropped by McQuack who says "Whoops! My bad!".
- Roger Dog was one of the many jumbled effects.
- ToonFest returned for a limited time renamed as Barbecue Headquarters.
- The buildings from playgrounds began to lose gravity, causing them to float up in the air and later fall right back down. The ToonFest Tower was also affected.
- Like 2015, the buildings once again lose gravity.
- The game's opening theme and Pick-A-Toon background are different.
- Scientists from Loony Labs opened up the Pet Shops as their temporary base to house the Silly Meter prototype and offer brand new ToonTasks for exclusive clothing.
- Toon Statues from the estates would dance continuously.
- The same wacky happenings from 2016 occurred once again, but it was discovered that the source of the silliness came from Fluffy. Fluffy appeared in multiple buildings across the streets in search of Flippy.
|April Toons Week Theme|
- During this event in 2014, Sir Max updated Toonbook to become "Maxbook". The website's logo and backgroud were changed, accompanied by a collection of Sir Max's selfies replacing all users' profile pictures.
- There was bug that caused some Toons to experience the wacky effects changing every 3 seconds rather than every minute like it was supposed to, which has since been fixed.
- Big Legs and No Color were the only regular Toon effects that didn't take part in the 2014 event.
- Unlike other effects, the Green Toon, Pumpkin Head, and Snowman Head do not take part in this event. In 2014, the only special effect that took part in the event was Roger Dog.
- The blog post titled "When Gravity Falls" is a pun off of a Disney show called Gravity Falls that Sir Max likes.
- The Pick-A-Toon background has the shape of a pig's head rather than Mickey's head, as well as an upside down text and a mashup of new colors.
- According to Joey, the April Toons Week theme was inspired by Weirdmageddon from Gravity Falls.
- It is possible to jump onto buildings whenever they are floating, as Toons also lose gravity and triggers a higher jump.
- During April Toons Week, the silliness allows doodles to speak just like Toons, and often express their moods more clearly.
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/130/daily-alpha-update-no-funny-business
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/255/bbqhq-has-been-found
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/256/when-gravity-falls
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/335/toontowns-pet-shops-are-now-open
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/413/the-doodle-hunt-has-begun