Clothing is worn by Toons that include shirts, shorts, skirts, and accessories. Once the player begins the Create-A-Toon process, the Toon is already wearing randomized clothes by default, but can change the clothes in the third phase of the process. When a Toon has obtained clothing, they can interact with their wardrobe to change their shirt and shorts, and interact with their accessory trunk to change accessories.
Shirts, shorts, skirts, and accessories can be found in Clarabelle's Cattlelog, through special events, from clothing shops, or redeem codes given out by the Toon Council. Obtaining clothes from clothing stores in each playground requires a clothing ticket, which Toons can get by completing a ToonTask given by an HQ Officer.
Outfits can be made of a combination of shirts, shorts, skirts, and accessories. For example, an outfit called "The Potionist" composes of a shirt, a skirt, and a hat that female Toons can wear to dress up as a witch, but male Toons can only wear the hat. There are many items made to be worn in an outfit, though Toons can still mix and match, wearing what they enjoy.
Types of clothing
There are seven types of clothing, but only two of them, shirts and shorts, are mandatory to wear. All four accessories are optional to wear.
- Shirts: Shirts are clothing worn on the upper half of the Toon's body. Wearing a shirt is mandatory by the game.
- Shorts: Shorts are clothing worn on the bottom half of the Toon's body. Male Toons may only wear shorts, while female Toons can also wear skirts as well. Wearing shorts are mandatory by the game.
- Hats: Hats are accessories worn on the head of the Toon's body, and come in a variety of sizes.
- Glasses: Glasses are accessories worn over the Toon's eyes. Many glasses in Toontown Rewritten do not fit properly to certain Toon models. Certain glasses do not cover both eyes, as well.
- Backpacks: Backpacks are accessories worn over the Toon's back, and come in a variety of size. Bowties are considered by the game to be a type of backpacks even if they are not worn over the Toon's back.
- Shoes: Shoes are accessories worn on the feet of the Toon's body, and come in several different brands/styles.
- In Disney's Toontown Online, only players with membership could buy clothes from Clarabelle's Cattlelog, and clothing shops from Donald's Dock and up.
- There are exactly 12,284,338,176 combinations that a starter Toon can choose from.
- On July 13, 2017, Joyful Roxy, an artist on the TTR team, stated that they are open to discussing about adding pants into Toontown Rewritten, as well as making concepts about sandals.
- On July 14, however, Slate Blue Rabbit, a team lead, had stated that, at the moment, pants and sandals cannot be added into the game on the technical side, however, it might be possible that these clothing items might be added in the future.