A Cog Disguise, also referred to as a Cog Suit, is an outfit that was invented by Lord Lowden Clear for Toons to disguise themselves as Cogs. It is used to infiltrate the boss' domain in every Cog headquarters.
Each Cog headquarters uses a different disguise which corresponds with its Cog type. Toons can complete their Sellbot Cog Disguise by finishing the Sellbot Factory ten times. Unlike the Sellbot Cog Disguise, you can only obtain parts of the Cashbot Cog Disguise, Lawbot Cog Disguise, and Bossbot Cog Disguise by completing ToonTasks.
Once a Cog Disguise has been completed, Toons can begin earning a promotion by defeating many of that Cog type. Toons earn Merits for Sellbot, Cogbucks for Cashbot, Jury Notices for Lawbot, and Stock Options for Bossbot.
As you obtain Merits, Cogbucks, Jury Notices, and Stock Options, you will see a bar next to your gag experience go up when fighting the type of Cog related to the Cog Disguise. Once you have obtained enough for that disguise, the bar will say "Ready for promotion!" in which case you are now able to fight the boss related to the disguise.
After defeating the boss, your disguise will obtain a promotion. Once your disguise reaches level 50, you will no longer need to receive Merits, Cogbucks, Jury Notices, and Stock Options to fight the boss of that type. Reaching level 13 on any disguise will grant teleportation access to the headquarters of that Cog type, while reaching levels 15, 20, 30, 40, and 50 will reward a 1 point laff boost, for a total of 5 for each disguise.
- Main article: Sellbot Cog Disguise
- Cold Caller (levels 1-5)
- Telemarketer (levels 2-6)
- Name Dropper (levels 3-7)
- Glad Hander (levels 4-8)
- Mover & Shaker (levels 5-9)
- Two-Face (levels 6-10)
- The Mingler (levels 7-11)
- Mr. Hollywood (levels 8-50)
- Main article: Cashbot Cog Disguise
- Short Change (levels 1-5)
- Penny Pincher (levels 2-6)
- Tightwad (levels 3-7)
- Bean Counter (levels 4-8)
- Number Cruncher (levels 5-9)
- Money Bags (levels 6-10)
- Loan Shark (levels 7-11)
- Robber Baron (levels 8-50)
- Main article: Lawbot Cog Disguise
- Bottom Feeder (levels 1-5)
- Bloodsucker (levels 2-6)
- Double Talker (levels 3-7)
- Ambulance Chaser (levels 4-8)
- Back Stabber (levels 5-9)
- Spin Doctor (levels 6-10)
- Legal Eagle (levels 7-11)
- Big Wig (levels 8-50)
- Main article: Bossbot Cog Disguise
- Flunky (levels 1-5)
- Pencil Pusher (levels 2-6)
- Yesman (levels 3-7)
- Micromanager (levels 4-8)
- Downsizer (levels 5-9)
- Head Hunter (levels 6-10)
- Corporate Raider (levels 7-11)
- The Big Cheese (levels 8-50)
- The Cog Disguise order is exactly the same as the corporate ladder, with an exception of the bosses.
- While wearing a Cog Disguise, Toons cannot jump, open their Shticker Book, or use any animations (with the exception of "Sad").
- A special variant of the Bossbot Cog Disguise exists, which is a waiter's uniform. It uses the same models as the regular Cog Disguise and is used for the Cog-dining phase of the Chief Executive Officer battle.
- Whenever a Toon reaches level 15, 20, 30, 40 and 50 of any of their Cog Disguise (of the 8th Cog in the corporate ladder), a laff boost is earned.
- The only Cog Disguises that ever reach level 50 are Mr. Hollywood, Robber Baron, Big Wig, and The Big Cheese.
- You will always start with the lowest Cog Disguise.
- There are no Cog Disguises in similar fashion to Version 2.0 Cogs or Skelecogs.
- The lowest Cog Disguise is always the smallest, with the exception of Micromanager.
- A unique category of speech known as "COG SPEAK" appears in SpeedChat when in the lobby. The lines that appear there are from the Cog you are disguised at when you walk up to one.
- Each Cog boss needs to be defeated a total of 77 times in order for a Toon to max that particular Cog Disguise. This means a Toon must do at least 308 boss runs in order to max all the Cog Disguises.
- On February 1, 2015, defeating a Cog boss using a level 50 Cog Disguise gave the player teleport access to the corresponding Cog headquarters. On April 12 that year, the Cog Disguise level for doing it was reduced to 12 (the access is given when defeating the boss and being promoted to level 13).