Controls are the keys on your computer's keyboard that are required to do certain things when playing Toontown Rewritten. Using a mouse is also needed to play the game as you need to click on many things such as the Shticker Book.
|Windows||Mac OS X||Linux|
|Up arrow key (↑)||Run forward|
|Down arrow key (↓)||Walk backward|
|Left arrow key (←)||Turn left|
|Right arrow key (→)||Turn right|
|Tab||Change view to next camera angle|
|Shift + Tab||Change view to previous camera angle|
|Page Up||fn + Up arrow key (↑)||Page Up||Start/stop looking upwards|
|Page Down||fn + Down arrow key (↓)||Page Down||Start/stop looking downwards|
|Home||fn + Left arrow key (←)||Home||Hold to show gags|
|End||fn + Right arrow key (→)||End||Hold to show ToonTask(s)|
|Delete||fn + Delete||Delete||Throw/flip items (in certain situations)|
|Insert||?||?||Same use as "Delete"|
|Alt||Alt/Option||Alt||Open/close Street M.A.P.S.|
|Esc||Open/close Shticker Book (to the "Options & Codes" page)|
|Shift + F1||Show the Toon's coordinates in a thought bubble|
|F2||?||?||In Cog Facilities, showing in a thought bubble the toon's position in the facility, the facility's type, the floor number and the current room's name and ID|
|F3||fn + F3||F3||Turn off/on Toon T.A.G.S. HUD (Heads Up Display, popup messages, etc.)|
|Alt + F4||fn+F4 or Command+Q||Alt + F4||Close the game|
|Shift+F6||Function (fn)+Shift+F6||Shift+F6||Shows ping/latency in a word bubble|
|F7||fn + F7||F7||Open the friends list|
|F8||fn + F8||F8||Open/close Shticker Book|
|F9||fn + F9||F9||Take a screenshot|
|F10||?||?||Take a screenshot that includes debug information|
|Type a message (must have SpeedChat Plus enabled)||Create a word bubble|
|Type a dot (.) then a message (must have SpeedChat Plus enabled)||Create a thought bubble|
|Enter||Skip some dialog/say the message typed in your Chat/SpeedChat+ box.|
|Type only a dot (.) then say it (must have SpeedChat Plus enabled)||Clears the word/thought bubble above your Toon's head.|
- Saying "." will only delete the Toon's previous bubble, not create a blank bubble like it happens when you type SPACE only.
- If you are in a room/area with a thought bubble, you will have to refresh it (type it again) periodically as any Toons who enter the room/area after you typed your thought will not be able to see it. Technical: This is due to a constraint within Astron, that limits interest on the bubble to only those that it is initially sent to, and not to any new arrivals.
- Your Toon's walking controls are similar to "Tank Controls" in other games.
- If the Up (↑) and Down (↓) arrow keys are held at the same time, your Toon will run forward as if only the Up arrow key (↑) was held down.
- If the Left (←) and Right (→) arrow keys are held at the same time, your Toon will turn left as if only the Left arrow key (←) was held down.
- Jumping becomes essential in the Cog Headquarters later in the game.
- The ability to close the game by pressing Command + Q on OSX was added to Toontown Rewritten and announced in the (91) "Daily Alpha Update: Bug Infestation" blog post.