"Time is ticking."
As the clock continues ticking, things may start to become irrelevant within Toontown Rewritten. This page seems to have information on outdated content.
| Director of|
|Statistics based on attack damage.|
|Preceded by:||Succeeded by:|
- “The Chairman won't be happy until you are.”
- ―Director of Ambush Marketing
The Director of Ambush Marketing is a large, Level 50 Supervisor Skelecog that first appeared in Doomsday. The Director of Ambush Marketing is the first Cog in Toontown history to be Level 50. The Director had his very own part of the invasion, during which only he invaded. While some Toons managed to deal damage with Whole Cream Pies, he was ultimately defeated by Flippy at the end of the event with a Wedding Cake. With him defeated, Doomsday and the Toon Council Presidential Elections ended.
The Director of Ambush Marketing has been shown to have a small pool of attacks:
- Jump: The jump is the Director's main attack. He shouts "ENOUGH!", jumps in the air, and comes slamming down, taking 10 laff points from any Toons on the ground. Unlike the Movers & Shakers' small, visible shock-wave, the Director's attack affects the entire ground.
- Brain Storm: Unlike jump, Brain Storm targets one Toon, but can deal splash damage. The Director sends out a Storm Cloud that rains words that locks onto a single Toon. Words start falling on the targeted Toon, but can deal damage to any Toons under the cloud. Like the jump attack, it deducts 10 laff points from all Toons that were hit.
- It is unknown who the Director is succeeded or preceded by, but he is most likely succeeded by The Chairman.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing is the first Cog to mention the Chairman in Toontown Rewritten. He quotes, "The Chairman won't be happy until you are."
- This makes little sense, because the Cogs' main weapon against the Toons is making them sad. Unless making Toons sad is what makes Cogs happy, as they dance after they defeat all the Toons in a fight, so he could be saying "The Chairman won't be happy until you are not." Alternatively, he could have meant "until you are happy with our offers," as the apparent goal of the invasion was to market the Cogs' way of life to Toontown.
- Just before he was defeated, the Director said to Flippy: "I hope you won't pull out of the deal like your predecessor". Flippy's "predecessor" was most likely referring to Slappy.
- The Director also quotes, "Don't worry, he is in safe keeping now." after Flippy asked what he has done with Slappy, implying that he may be in the Cogs' clutches as of now.
- If the Director of Ambush Marketing's health follows the regular Cog Heath point pattern, he has 2,652 health points. This means that he requires 61-74 Whole Cream Pies to defeat, depending on their damage value. Although this is unlikely, given the level 12 Cogs do not follow said health point pattern.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing's body type and color of his tie was originally incorrect: he was the size of a Bottom Feeder with a tie to match at the 2:55:52 mark in the official YouTube livestream of the elections. Later, at the 3:00:50 mark, after the server was taken down to fix this, the Director of Ambush Marketing got his correct body type: a tall thin Skelecog with a build similar to a Loan Shark wearing a green Cashbot tie. This is proven in this video posted by Slate, where he keeps his Loan Shark Skelecog body type and tie color. This can be seen at the 37:19 mark in the video.
- The event also plays out smoother in Slate's video, showing much more NPC dialogue missing from TTR's official stream from the day before.
- The Cog's suit type is supervisor.
- This may mean he was The Chairman's supervisor.
- The Chairman revealed a memo stating that the Cog corporations had a success in ambush marketing with an off-camera sales pitch.
- During a livestream filmed by Smirky Bumberpop, the Toons managed to defeat the Director of Ambush Marketing before he even got to the election stand, causing this scene to act up as Flippy still threw the pies at what was meant to be where the Cog was standing. This can be seen around the 2:36:07 mark.
- The fight against this boss is similar to the fight against Jolly Roger in the closed MMORPG, Pirates of the Caribbean Online.
Ambush Marketing is a marketing strategy wherein the advertisers associate themselves with, and therefore capitalize on a particular event without paying any sponsorship fee. However, the name was likely given to him because of the fact that Doomsday was an ambush invasion. Ambush meaning to perform a surprise attack.
|Bossbots||Flunky • Pencil Pusher • Yesman • Micromanager • Downsizer • Head Hunter|
|Corporate Raider • The Big Cheese||Chief Executive Officer|
|Lawbots||Bottom Feeder • Bloodsucker • Double Talker • Ambulance Chaser • Back Stabber • Spin Doctor|
|Legal Eagle • Big Wig||Chief Justice|
|Cashbots||Short Change • Penny Pincher • Tightwad • Bean Counter • Number Cruncher • Money Bags|
|Loan Shark • Robber Baron||Chief Financial Officer|
|Sellbots||Cold Caller • Telemarketer • Name Dropper • Glad Hander • Mover & Shaker • Two-Face|
|The Mingler • Mr. Hollywood||Vice President|
|Special|| Goons • Skelecogs • Virtual Skelecogs • Version 2.0 Cogs|
Director of Ambush Marketing • The Chairman