- “Undo mistakes, not fate.”
- ―Doctor Surlee
Doctor Surlee is a monkey NPC Toon who is the leader of Loony Labs, and works alongside Doctor Dimm, Professor Prepostera and Professor Flake. Based on some of the Toontown Rewritten blog posts, it is implied that Surlee may have invented the Cogs. Being the mysterious lab monkey he is, Surlee had gone through a lot of rough times involving certain forms of fate.
Doctor Surlee appeared in the Toon-torial every year, starting in 2014, during Christmas (specifically December 24 through December 25) by standing right next to a Toon Headquarters and a mailbox, waiting for his lost package. The following is two of Doctor Surlee's separate dialogues when he speaks to Toons.
|Dialogue (any species)|
|Dialogue (bears only)|
- Surlee is a pun off of "surely", which is a term used to identify one's belief that what they say is true.
- Doctor Surlee is confirmed to be one of the members of the Toon Council.
- In his blueprints, Doctor Surlee wrote in code that it is not all Silly Ciphers. Occasionally he used English and illustrations.
- The code had to be deciphered as it was part of an ARG.
- In a blog post from January 26, 2014, Flippy says that Doctor Surlee is a good friend of his. This was even before Flippy became president of the Toon Council, considering they both met on the day Flippy moved into Toontown.
- Doctor Surlee played a big role in the Toon Council Presidential Elections.
- According to a news section from Toontown Online about the Loony Labs scientists, Doctor Surlee had never once cracked a smile. Sir Max states that this is still true in Toontown Rewritten.
- Since the Toon Hall is being reconstructed, Doctor Surlee does not currently appear inside the building where he would normally be with Doctor Dimm and Professor Prepostera.
- On the 26th of the month, something strange often happens to Doctor Surlee, making him ramble about "ripple effects" and the situation he had been dealing with. All sorts of cryptic posts and status updates about these events were revealed on the Toontown Rewritten website on behalf of "The Two".
- In Toontown Online, the Portable Hole Network was invented by Gyro Gearloose, but in Toontown Rewritten, Doctor Surlee was the one who invented the network. Surlee also placed his own bypasses against the wishes of the Toon Council.
- Doctor Surlee is the only known Toon Council member to witness a trial with the Chief Justice.
- For a whole day (June 26, 2014), Doctor Surlee's bypasses were the only way to reach Lawbot Headquarters before the tunnel opened. The bypasses would stay open for less than a month.
- On August 26, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Doctor Surlee investigated Chip 'n Dale's MiniGolf to see what was making the Silly Meter go off the charts. He found a crowd of Toons gathered in anticipation for something crazy to happen because of the 26th. Surlee stood infront of the crowd and said "At this point, I'd say we are the 26. A ripple. Just another ripple. Perhaps an anomaly." Surlee answered a few in-game questions from the Toons.
- Surlee said "I had some teleportation holes, but the Toon Council took them down. I hope none of you used them!".
- Surlee forgot when his birthday was due to his lack of celebrating it for so long, in which he simply forgot. Even if that was from the past, "past" is still considered a relative term.
- Timelines would not make a difference if one would continue the other. Taking it back in time would just continue the present from the past.
- Surlee doesn't know a "Joey", but he knows Sir Max. Sir Max has a habit of giving Surlee a headache.
- "Surlee" is actually his first name since he prefers to go informal. However, it may as well be both because he doesn't use his last name anymore.
- The Toontown Rewritten storyline heavily implied that Doctor Surlee is Gyro Gearloose's alias as shown in the gallery section below with Surlee's papers.
- Originally Posted by joey19982 (Sir Max) on 02-05-2015
- As you can see by the Portable Design, Teleportation, and Silly Meter -- Surlee rarely keeps his inventions to himself. With the Toon Council's approval, I'm sure he wanted to share the Rewritten Device as well.
Surlee's Papers (November 26, 2014)
- ↑ Toontown Rewritten storyline/clue speculation *Megathread* V. 3.0 http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4058751#post4058751
- ↑ File:REAL TIME ttrpuzzle's Hype Fest (with Doctor Surlee, Goshi, Lisosaurus and others)
Published on Aug 28, 2014 by Blurryface
- ↑ http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4165256#post4165256
- ↑ (3) A Big Surprise All 'Fa You!
Official • MCF news • Wayback Machine
- ↑ (153) You Betta' be Ready for This!
Official • MCF news • Wayback Machine