|“||Undo mistakes, not fate.||”|
–Doctor Surlee, MEMORANDUM
Doctor Surlee is a monkey NPC Toon who is part of Loony Labs, along with Doctor Dimm, Professor Prepostera and Professor Flake. Based on some of the Toontown Rewritten blog posts, it is implied that Surlee may have invented the Cogs. During Doomsday, he kept the Toons up-to-date on current information regarding the invasion. He also invented the Toon TV that appeared above Toon Hall during the Toon Council Presidential Elections. Doctor Surlee is also the Toon who made the blueprints that are hidden on the Toontown Rewritten website.
Doctor Surlee appeared in the Toon-torial every year, starting in 2014, during Christmas (specifically December 24 through December 25) standing right next to a Toon Headquarters and a mailbox, waiting for his lost package. The following is two of Doctor Surlee's separate dialogues when he speaks to Toons.
|Dialogue (any species)|
|Dialogue (bears only)|
- Surlee is a pun off of "surely", which is a term used to identify one's belief that what they say is true.
- Doctor Surlee is confirmed to be one of the members of the Toon Council.
- In his blueprints, Doctor Surlee wrote in code that it is not all Silly Ciphers. Occasionally he used English and illustrations.
- The code had to be deciphered as it was part of an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) as noted in the Encrypted Clues, Puzzles & Development Previews page.
- In a blog post from January 26, 2014, Flippy says that Doctor Surlee is a good friend of his. This was even before Flippy became president of the Toon Council, considering they both met on the day Flippy moved into Toontown.
- Doctor Surlee played a big role in the Toon Council Presidential Elections.
- Sir Max said that in one of the Disney Toon News stories, it mentions that Surlee has never once cracked a smile - which is still true in Toontown Rewritten.
- On the 26th of the month, something strange often happens to Doctor Surlee, making him ramble about "ripple effects" and the situation he's in before. Sir Max has made all sorts of cryptic posts and status updates about these events.
- In Toontown Online, the Portable Hole Network was invented by Gyro Gearloose, but in Toontown Rewritten, Doctor Surlee was the one who invented the network. Surlee also placed his own bypasses against the wishes of the Toon Council.
- Doctor Surlee is the only known Toon Council member to be put on trial by the Chief Justice, but used one of his bypasses to escape.
- For a whole day (June 26, 2014), Doctor Surlee's bypasses were the only way to reach Lawbot Headquarters before the tunnel opened. The bypasses would stay open for less than a month.
- On August 26, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Doctor Surlee investigated Chip 'n Dale's MiniGolf to see what was making the Silly Meter go off the charts. He found a crowd of Toons gathered in anticipation for something crazy to happen because of the 26th. Surlee stood infront of the crowd and said "At this point, I'd say we are the 26. A ripple. Just another ripple. Perhaps an anomaly." Surlee answered a few in-game questions from the Toons.
- Surlee said "I had some teleportation holes, but the Toon Council took them down. I hope none of you used them!".
- Surlee forgot when his birthday was due to his lack of celebrating it for so long, in which he simply forgot. Even if that was from the past, "past" is still considered a relative term.
- Timelines would not make a difference if one would continue the other. Taking it back in time would just continue the present from the past.
- Surlee doesn't know a "Joey", but he knows Sir Max. Sir Max has a habit of giving Surlee a headache.
- "Surlee" is actually his first name since he prefers to go informal. However, it may as well be both because he doesn't use his last name anymore.
- The Toontown Rewritten storyline heavily implied that Doctor Surlee is Gyro Gearloose's alias. In the gallery below, #5 of Surlee's Papers, dated August 5th, 2009, mentions Gyro Gearloose's story being rewritten.
- Originally Posted by joey19982 (Sir Max) on 02-05-2015
- As you can see by the Portable Design, Teleportation, and Silly Meter -- Surlee rarely keeps his inventions to himself. With the Toon Council's approval, I'm sure he wanted to share the Rewritten Device as well.
See also: Toon Rewrite
Surlee's Papers (November 26, 2014)
- ↑ Toontown Rewritten storyline/clue speculation *Megathread* V. 3.0 http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4058751#post4058751
- ↑ File:REAL TIME ttrpuzzle's Hype Fest (with Doctor Surlee, Goshi, Lisosaurus and others)
Published on Aug 28, 2014 by Blurryface
- ↑ http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4165256#post4165256
- ↑ (3) A Big Surprise All 'Fa You! Wiki News Blog (2013) 1.2 - Wiki Release Notes (2013) 1.1 - Offical News item 3, MCF News, Wayback Machine News Posted by The TTR Team on October 28, 2013 03:45 PM
- ↑ (153) You Betta' be Ready for This! Wiki News Blog (2014) 5.10 - Wiki Release Notes (2014) 4.2 - Offical News item 153, MCF News, Wayback Machine News Posted by The TTR Team on May 17, 2014 02:00 PM