Doomsday was an outrageous invasion that corresponded with the Toon Council Presidential Elections on April 19, 2014. During the event, the Cogs proceeded to invade the entire Toontown Central playground, just after Slappy was announced as the new president. A level 3 Yesman arrived and made Slappy sad, which then started the battle between Toons and the Cogs. Toons would battle against the Cogs by throwing pies at them and avoiding contact with them. Gradually, stronger waves of Cogs would arrive, all up until the level 50 Skelecog, the Director of Ambush Marketing. Flippy eventually ended the invasion by defeating the Director of Ambush Marketing with his final burst of a Wedding Cake, along with the help of other Toons. After the battle was over, it seemed as though the Cogs were defeated, but the Toons had only managed to push them back to the streets.
- "Doomsday" was the internal name for the Toon Council Presidential Elections as a whole.
- By definition, Doomsday refers to an event of great danger.
- Doomsday was first mentioned by Sir Max in a blog post titled "Super Saturday: Doomsday" and Alec Tinn's debut was announced a week later. However, no one was really sure of what the blog post meant.
- Mover & Shakers had their own circular shockwave effect where Toons would get hurt when inside the perimeter.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing is the only known Cog to have ever achieved a level 50 status.
- Doomsday is currently the only event in which Cogs have been present in the main zone of a playground.
- If the Director of Ambush Marketing follows the Cogs' HP pattern, it has 2,652 health. His death was later revealed to be scripted so that Flippy could defeat him.
- A level 3 Yesman was the first Cog to officially be destroyed.
- The Yesman that attacked Slappy used a Cog attack only seen that one time, which was known as "Positive Reinforcement".
- The fact that Doomsday took longer than the election itself was surprising because of the fact that many people never expected an expansion of the election.
- After Hawkheart's crash on the public server in the livestream, Sir Max, Hawkheart himself, Goshi, and McQuack all logged onto a developer server to avoid further crashes.
- Once the main Toontown Rewritten servers were running again, all Alpha Testers could replay Doomsday until 2:00PM Toontown Time the next day after April 19th, and fight the Director of Ambush Marketing themselves.
- Apparently, during the event, some Cogs managed to escape Toontown Central and venture into other playgrounds, but shopkeepers such as Lil Oldman, Professor Flake, Coach Zucchini, and Shep Ahoy managed to keep them away by setting up traps.
- During Doomsday, the camera view switched from player to player in the livestream, and the transition sometimes stuttered.
- In Toontown Rewritten canon, the incident of Scrooge McDuck activating a robot at Gyro Gearloose's lab happened minutes right before Doomsday. The Toon Headquarters later reported that Scrooge was not seen attending the election but had gone missing.
- Because Doctor Surlee is an alias of Gyro Gearloose, he actually presented a sad face right after the Yesman caused Slappy to go sad, knowing that the Cogs were his creation.
The Toontown Rewritten Wiki has a toontastic collection of images and media related to Doomsday. Feel free to check it out!