This page lists all blog posts that were posted on the Toontown Rewritten website during the year of 2017. It will be updated as the year progresses.
Posted by Toon HQ on January 9, 2017 12:00 PM
- Happy New Year from Toon HQ! Our HQ Officers have been monitoring the closely, and after some anti-Cog analysis along with your standard run-of-the-mill review we've put together the list of winners who will receive a Blue Medallion for their effort!
- This is a real big list, so bear with us. We had so many awesome Toons this year! If you didn't make the cut, don't sweat it. There are new contests coming your way soon.
- NOTE: Don't see your Toon up there?
- • Toons linked to the same household were only listed once, but ALL qualifying Toons will receive the prize! You may only see one of your Toons on the list, but your other qualifying Toons will receive a prize as well.
- If we made a mistake, then please email us and we will correct it. (Such as, if a friend or sibling played on a Toon in your household.)
- • Toons found to be cheating during the event, or have received a recent serious infraction, have been disqualified. It's no fun for anyone!
- • If you think that your Toon has not been listed by mistake, don't hesitate to contact us at ! We'll investigate and figure out what went wrong.
- Thanks for kicking off the new year with us! We're incredibly proud of the massive amount of Cogs that was taken down by our Top Toons. Stay TOONed for brand new contests coming your way, along with new updates on the horizon.
- Have fun in Toontown!
Posted by The TTR Team on January 20, 2017 02:00 PM
- Hello, Toontown! Sorry to keep you starving for blog posts for a couple of days. The beginning of each year means big things for Toontown Rewritten as we prepare our first update of 2017, finalize planning for our ToonFest convention, and a few other little things that we'll talk about here.
- Today we'll be telling you all about what's going on with Backstage Toontown this month!
- Polishing Progress
- , we told you all about a plan that we had to bring Toontown out of beta in 2017 with a full release. There are many parts to this, and we're happy to report that things are coming along nicely!
- An upcoming update will contain plenty of widely requested bugfixes, and we greatly encourage you to keep reporting them to us -- even if you know they've been reported before by someone else. This helps us to identify which bugs are the biggest priority for fixing.
- In addition to fixing up bugs - our system engineer, Sam ("Shockley") has been working to completely overhaul our update deployment system. This will allow us to not only get updates out faster, but improve the quality of our testing procedures!
- New Toons for the Team
- This is something we're very excited about - after a long period of trying to refine our application processes and the way we train new team members, new Toons have joined the Toontown Rewritten Team!
- In the past month, we've interviewed and started training five new team members (That's a lot at once!) for various positions on the team. Undoubtedly, you'll start seeing a positive effect on the team very soon based off of the work that they're doing.
- We'll have more information about how YOU may be able to help out with Toontown Rewritten very soon!
- Our Contestant Contest
- Waiting for some news on the Toon Species Election? We're sorry for keeping you in the dark! The next stage of the election is almost ready to start, and we've introduced a brand new role for our team to coincide with it: Contest Planner.
- We really love hosting contests and events here in Toontown, but we've only managed to have a few per year. Starting with one that revolves around the Toon Species Election, you can expect many more contests and out-of-game events coming to keep you occupied.
- It's Party Time!
- We told you a little while back about how Parties were coming along, but as the nature of development goes we ended up getting sidetracked with other important projects. We dusted off our party hats, though, and are excited to tell you that Toon Parties will be one of the upcoming features added to Toontown.
- Coming to the Convention?
- One of the most exciting things we've been doing in January is planning for our next convention. We're looking at locations, activities, and ideas from all angles to figure out how we can make it an extraordinarily fun event for ALL of Toontown - even if you can't make it in person.
- This is where we want to hear from YOU -- post a comment, make a community post, or send us an email about any location, activity, or event suggestions for ToonFest 2017. We'll be making an announcement in the coming weeks with more information about the event. Don't buy any tickets yet!
- That wraps up about all we can tell you for now. Keep your eyes peeled on the blog to see all of this content come to life. We hoped that you enjoyed this Backstage column, and we hope to make many more to keep you in the loop of all things Toontown!
Posted by The TTR Team on February 5, 2017 12:00 PM
- Calling all Toons! It's the Toontown Team here, bringing you exciting news from the "Backstage" of the Tooniverse. We've been working hard behind the scenes, and to make this Toontown's biggest year ever we need YOU!
- As you may know, we've been hard at work since November to restructure ourselves with the goal of bringing Toontown Rewritten out of beta this year. This is a task of Toontanic proportions, and if we asked you to join us back in October -- we wouldn't have been able to achieve it.
- After many months of organization, reprogramming our tools, and working hard on all of the internal sides of our game (We're not Cogs, are we?), we're on track to make this accomplishment count. We've always had big plans, and we know that you're eager to see them come. Now, with YOUR help, we're ready to make that happen.
- Part of our plan over the past few months has been putting together a process for brand new team members to help us make this big move for Toontown. We announced last month that we had brought on 5 new team members, and now we're going to be bringing on even more.
- We have officially launched our , which lists all of the positions that we're looking to fill. Game Programmers, 3D Artists, Moderators, Video Editors -- you name it! We're looking for talented Toons like yourself who can become the Toontown Rewritten Team's future.
- Our team is far from tiny, but over the years we have kept a fairly steady size. Toontown has grown, however, and it's time for our team to grow too so that we can continue providing you with the most Toontastic experience possible.
- What are you waiting for? We've got to get back to work! The future of Toontown depends on YOU!
Posted by Vidalia VaVoom on February 14, 2017 09:00 AM
- Ah, what a lovely morning! I may have only received two hours of sleep, but love will keep me going today! You see, I spent all last night writing a letter to the dog I love. It is ValenToons Day, after all.
- You know, Toons, I never felt that we did enough for ValenToons Day here in Toontown. There's plenty of lovely clothing in the Cattlelog, and it sure would be nice to throw a ValenToons Day party, but there's just something we're missing here... Can you think of what it is?
- Now, I've heard the Toon Council has been a little silent lately as they work on expanding their team and finally completing some big projects, but that musn't stop us from showing support! For when the Toon Council does get around to it all... What kind of activities would you like to see during special Holidays in Toontown?
- I have specific instructions to collect information from YOU Toons: What special events, games, prizes, contests, or even new ToonTasks could be given out for future Toontown holidays?
- Give it some thought, and let me know in the comments! Stay Tooned to the news for upcoming excitement, as I assure you this dry spell won't last for much longer than a couple more days.
- I must be off to deliver my love letter now. I certainly hope I don't bump into any of those nasty Cogs. Happy ValenToons Day, Toontown!
Posted by Alec Tinn on March 1, 2017 03:00 PM
- The time has finally come! Every grand election takes a bunch of careful planning, and I know the Toon Council has been up to their necks in work over the past month with some very exciting stuff that you'll soon see. The first of this exciting stuff, in fact, is that The Toon Species Election is here!
- You've nominated your favorites, we've reviewed and announced the top eight, and now it's time to cast your ballot to figure out which two Toon Species will go head-to-head (or perhaps pie-to-pie?) in the final round of the Toon Species Election! The winner of this election will become a brand new Toon in Toontown!
- You'll have the chance to pick not just your favorite species, but your top three favorites on the ballot. Act quick, because this round of voting only lasts until 11:59PM Toontown Time (PST) on March 11th! After that we'll take a few days to tally up the votes, and announce the two candidates who have been chosen by YOU for final voting.
- If you're ready to enter the Polling Place and elect YOUR New Toon Species, click the big yellow button below!
- But WAIT! You may not want to cast your ballot just yet. Starting tomorrow, one of our species candidates will be posting every day to convince you why they're "Toon Enough" to enter Toontown. It'll be a HOOT -- and Owl isn't even in the running!
- I'll be here along the way to act as your "Eccentric Elector" of this grand Toon Species Election. Oooooh, I'm excited just thinking about all of the ballots we're about to get. Finally, it's time to get this Species Election moving!
Posted by Cow on March 2, 2017 02:00 PM
- Don't graze over this post. Fellow Toons, I'm the Cow! I am udderly excited to be here on the blog, and let me tell you -- I'm no push-over. It's time for those other candidates to moooooooooove over, because it's this bovine's time to shine!
- This Species Election is an important step in Toon History, and once Alec Tinn cow-culates those votes, one of us species will be joining you all on the streets of Toontown! When picking your candidate, consider this: Which species is going to bring the most fun to Toontown?
- I'm here to give you an answer -- and excuse me for the beef -- but no other candidate has quite the sound like this cattle will bring to battle! There is no sillier sound than the hearty MOOOOOO that will turn any playground into a laughing stock!
- Ringing any cowbells yet? I should mention that us cows already play an important part here in Toontown. We may not be official residents, but Clarabelle's Cattlelog is the best place in town to buy gifts for each udder.
- I think I've milked you enough to make the choice clear -- and it's pasture time to vote! Head over to the polling place, and consider COW as your choice for the ballot. The New Toon Species is at steak!
- Thanks for considering me for your New Toon Species -- I'm jumping over the moon with excitement! If you leave a comment with support for Cow, it'll be moo-sic to my ears.
- Vote Now, Vote COW!
Posted by Fox on March 3, 2017 02:00 PM
- Citizens of Toontown, allow me to introduce myself: I'm the cunning, clever, and crafty Fox. What does the Fox say, you ask? I say that today the blog is all about Fox News!
- The Tooniverse is a big place, and there are plenty of options for lodging. Toontropolis, Loontown, Zootopia -- but Toontown is the place for me. If I win this Species Election den I'll be happy to call a Toon Estate my home!
- They say that foxes are crafty, and they don't just mean cunning -- I made this campaign poster myself and all of my friends were appawlled. I'm a wiz when it comes to computers, too. Whenever I ask Toons what they think of the Toontown website, they always tell me "You're on Fire, fox!"
- Now, don't get your socks in a twist over these faux fox fallacies. I may be known for chasing rabbits, but pair me up with a hound and we'll be best friends forever. I've heard that Toontown has a bit of a robot problem, too, but the "Cogs" won't know that I'm as sly as a fox!
- If you're feeling foxy, don't wait any fur-ther. Fox trot your way over to the polling place, say "Yippee!", and cast your ballot for Fox today!
- Rock FOX at the Ballot Box!
Posted by Chicken on March 4, 2017 03:00 PM
- Hello to you, and a cock-a-doodle-doo! I'm the Chicken, and I've been working around the cluck to make sure this Species Election is yolked my favor!
- I'm hatching up a plan to win your vote for this Species Election! Don't worry, though, there won't be any fowl play. I've felt really cooped up in the hen house where I live right now, but boy, I'd cross a hundred roads to get to Toontown. They say that the days here are always sunny-side-up!
- Talk is cheep, and I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but those other candidates have got nothing on this spring chicken! They just keep egging each other on, while I'd rather just wing it and be myself. Even though I'm a flightless bird, I would be glad to fly by your side into a bucket of water with the Cannon Game!
- Still feeling peckish about the vote? I'd give you a few bawks as a bribe, but I only have change for a hen. You can join me any time on the barnyard for a peck-nic, though!
- Other species are still scrambling to get their votes in the ballot, but I'll just tell you this: Don't be a chicken about putting Chicken as your first choice! When I was just a little egg, they told me that I wasn't all I was cracked up to be, but take a look at where I lay now.
- If you peck chicken for your New Toon Species, put your ballot in the box before the rooster's crow! I'd love to hear in the comments if you're itching with chicken pox, or still on the fence.
- I'm Pickin' CHICKEN!
Posted by Chipmunk on March 5, 2017 09:00 PM
- Hi Toontown, I'm the Chipmunk! I know it's late for some of you Toons, but I know some of my voters from other parts of the world have been going nuts for a blog post released during their time of day.
- Chipmunks have made quite a name for themselves in the Tooniverse, and I'm no chip off the old block -- just ask my cousins Chip and Dale over in Acorn Acres, and name one person who isn't nutty for Alvin and the Chipmunks!
- Being a Chipmunk is a lot of fun, but don't let me cashew calling me a pipsqueak. Some Toons may call me a bit squirrelly, but whenever I need to calm down I just ask my Chip Monk friends for some advice on meditation!
- I don't want to come off as cheeky, but there ain't nuttin' that should stop you from chipping in to the Chipmunk cause. Voting for Chipmunk will be a walk in the park!
- What's that look for? You know that this post wouldn't be complete without acorny joke!
- "CHIPMUNK Has Got the Spunk!"
Posted by Deer on March 6, 2017 02:00 PM
- Toons of Toontown, I hope that you're ready to have some fawn with this blog post. I've been waiting fur a while for this moment. Oh deer, I almost forgot to introduce myself: I'm the Deer!
- Before you high-tail it over to the Polling Place, let me tell you a bit about me! Of all of the other Toon Species, I think that I have the largest hart. I wouldn't call myself a deer in the headlights -- I can be a little shy, doe.
- My antlerned about Toontown a few years ago, and ever since then I've wanted to come join this wacky place. It takes more than a few bucks to get in, which is why I'm here, asking you to be a dear, and vote for Deer!
- If you have no eye-deer who to vote for, it would be very endeering to become your first choice on the ballot. In fact, I deer you to vote for me!
- I hope that I've given you a few good points that will convince you to pelt the other candidates aside! I'd hate to stagger out of this race so soon. If you're feeling very fawned of Deer, doe not hesitate to let me know in the comments!
"The Choice is Clear... Vote for DEER!"
Posted by Crocodile on March 7, 2017 02:00 PM
- Enough with the squeaks, yips, and cock-a-doodle-doos. It's time for chomps, bites, and CROC-a-doodle-doos! Give a big ol' smile, because today's blog post comes from Crocodile!
- You'll have to excuse me, I can be a little snappy at times. I'm all bite and no bark! Some Toons may be afraid of me, but don't worry, I'm on a strict diet. I drink nothing but Gatorade so that I can join the Toontown swim team!
- All of those other species -- or as I call them, appetizers -- have plenty of good reasons to join Toontown. This investigator did some researching, though, and found out that there is no other reptile represented in Toontown!
- What are you waiting for? I'm telling you the tooth: Voting for Crocodile is a snap! It only takes a few bites of data to load the ballot page, too. If I get voted in, I can assure you I'll be an excellent delegator for Toontown.
- Chew on the thought of voting for Crocodile for a while, then head over to the Polling Place and do the Crocodile Rock! With your votes behind me, I know that I'll grin -- Err, I mean win.
- "Make Me Smile -- Vote CROCODILE!"
Posted by Parrot on March 8, 2017 02:00 PM
- Hello, Hello, Toontown! I'm the Parrot! I love to talk, so I promise there won't be any silent tweetment with this post. Toucan play at the pun game, and they say that I'm a real wisecracker!
- Let's get rid of some of the facts that ruffle my feathers: I don't know who polly is, and while I certainly love crackers, I'd much rather eat jellybeans! I will admit, though, that crackers do go great with soup when I'm feeling under the feather.
- I once tried joining a band of pirates, but the crimes they committed were a bit too sparrowing and left me with a worm in my stomach. Toontown seems like a much better place to build my nest!
- If I'm elected into Toontown, I promise that I won't be too much of a birden. In fact, if you squawk down the street with me, we'll be like two birds of a feather!
- They say that the early bird gets the worm, but I'm a Parrot and we like to share it. It's never too late to vote -- well, unless you vote after March 11th. Better get flying to the polls!
Posted by Goat on March 9, 2017 09:00 PM
- Boy, I sure am glad that the weather is starting to warm up for spring! I can never wear scarves because my goat-tee gets in the way. By the way: I'm the Goat, the final Toon Species Candidate of this election!
- I've goat a lot to bring to Toontown: I'm no Van Goat, but I can create something that looks like modern art out of the cans that I chew! I should warn you that I'm a bit of a hillbilly, although I have a real friendly face. I'm not too "gruff", and I certainly won't be a horn in your side.
- Now Toons, let's face it: Some candidates are just ba-a-a-a-a-ad. I may be just a kid, but I have big plans for Toontown. As long as you keep the trolls away, I'll trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap across the bridge straight into Toontown!
- I'm the last candidate to create a post, and you can see I have plenty to goat about. Don't be sheepish: Goatell it on the mountain that Goat deserves the vote!
- Remember, when you go into the Polling Place, vote for... Eh, whatever floats your goat.
- "Vote GOAT, And That's All She Wrote!"
Posted by Alec Tinn on March 10, 2017 02:00 PM
- Hellooooooooo once again, Toontown! What a week, am I right? You can just feel the grand electoral spirit in the air! Ah, I just love the sound of a candidate rally in the morning.
- Every Toon Species Candidate has had their chance to make their case, and now it's time for YOU to decide which species is the most "Toon Enough" to enter Toontown! Your votes will help to decide which two species will go pie-to-pie in the final round to see which sounds the wackiest, looks the silliest, and behaves the craziest here in Toontown.
- Before heading over to the polling place, here's a brief summary of each candidate. Don't forget to read their blog post, in case you missed it!
- Cow -
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Mooing, Chewing, Playing the Cowbell
- Favorite Places:
- Pastures, The Milk Aisle
- As the new Toon, Cow will use executive connections over at the Cattlelog to lobby for cheaper items.
- Fox -
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Prefers Chocolate Rabbits
- Favorite Activities:
- Browsing the internet, Bird watching
- Favorite Places:
- Acorn Acres
- Fox plans to start their own fair and balanced portion of the Toontown Blog for all of the fox-related news in Toontown.
- Chicken -
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Pecking, Watching the sky, Crossing roads
- Favorite Places:
- Funny Farm, The Barnyard
- With Chicken in charge, we'll track down the Cog's HQ Expansions once and for all. No more chickens around here! Figuratively, that is.
- Chipmunk -
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Mini golfing, Singing in a band
- Favorite Places:
- Acorn Acres, The Peanut Gallery
- Chipmunk has worked with campaign managers Chip and Dale in hopes to bring more activities to Acorn Acres, and lobby for ToonFest's return.
- Deer -
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Prancing, Crossing streets
- Favorite Places:
- Goofy Speedway, The Forrest
- With newly paved crosswalks, Deer hopes to put an end to Toons being unknowingly ran into by Cogs while crossing the streets of Toontown.
- Crocodile -
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Suntanning, SNAP-Chatting
- Favorite Places:
- Estate Ponds, The Dentist
- Crocodile promises to keep all of Toontown's fish ponds fully stocked for snacking -- err, fishing!
- Parrot -
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Hide and Speak, Tweeting
- Favorite Places:
- The Toontown Airport, Pet Shops
- Don't fall into false promises of other candidates. Parrots mean what they say so much that they'll say it twice!
- Goat -
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Tin Can
- Butting Heads, Fine Dining
- Favorite Places:
- The Mountain in ToonFest, The Junkyard
- As traffic in Toontown increases, Goat will promote teleporting as an environmentally friendly transportation option.
- Cast your vote before tomorrow, March 11th, at 11:59PM Toontown Time! (PST) After the votes are in, we'll spend a little while making sure there are no stuffed ballots, and then announce the two species who are moving to the final round shortly after.
- I hope that you're having fun with this Toon Species Election. Can you believe that it's almost over? Soon, we'll have a New Toon Species running around in Toontown!
- Until next time, Toons. See you around!
Posted by Toon HQ on March 15, 2017 02:00 PM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has begun!
- Backstabbers are taking over Toontown!!!
- Just like clockwork, the Cogs have retaliated against our Pie Day Celebration once again with a backstabbing Mega-Invasion! They were never fond of Flippy's Pie Stand, ever since it supplied us with pies to drive them out of the playground.
- Luckily, we kept our eyes sharp and managed to secure several safe districts from the metal menace. If you need to get away from the Backstabbers, head to one of these locations:
- If you're ready to join the fight, hit the streets and help us show the Backstabbers what the real point of Pie Day is! Don't forget to stop by Toontown Central to grab some free pies from Flippy's Pie Stand for the celebration.
- Also, stay TOONed for the results of the latest round of the Toon Species Election. Alec Tinn is counting the votes as we speak!
- Stay safe out there, Toontown!
Posted by Sir Max on March 17, 2017 10:00 AM
- Top o' the mornin' to ya! Ah, what a day to be green. St. Patrick's Day is by far one of my favorite holidays of the year -- it's the day I get to set my all-time pinching record! To avoid the pinch, I've got a secret that'll get you some green in a cinch.
- Call it the luck of the Irish, but I've never forgotten to be green on St. Patrick's Day. It's something that I most certainly take pride in! For those of you who don't have quite so much luck, I've got a solution for you.
- Now, now -- don't get hasty! I'm not talking about turning your Laff Meter green, because that's no fun for anyone. Here's the deal: My pal Eugene from Green Bean Jeans in Daisy Gardens is a genuine leprechaun. I mean, I've never seen him with a pot of gold or anything, but I think it's a requirement for Irish Toons to be leprechauns.
- Here's the point: Eugene knows that "It's easy to be green", and he'd be glad to help you out! Stop by his shop and tell him the secret phrase for a snazzy pair of Green Gloves. Don't worry, the dye won't last forever.
- You better get a move on, because I need to pinch 158 more Toons before I break my record. Oof, I shouldn't have made this blog post until afterwards. Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Posted by The TTR Team on March 19, 2017 12:00 PM
- Imagine an event all about Toontown. An event full of games and prizes where you could meet players, developers, and hear about what's coming to Toontown before anyone else. Are you interested yet?
- That event exists, and this year it's bigger and better than ever. Today, we're officially announcing that, for the first time ever, ToonFest will be located at ReplayFX 2017 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!
- For the past two years, Toontown Rewritten has hosted an enormous event called ToonFest which attracts hundreds of Toontown players from all around the world! This event is normally held at OMG!Con in Owensboro, Kentucky, but this year we have something big in store.
- ReplayFX is one of the largest gaming conventions on the East Coast, and we've been working with them over the past few months to plan the most exciting ToonFest yet.
- We have a lot of announcements about the event that we're going to be making over the next few months, but in the meantime, here's what you need to know:
- • ReplayFX is a four day event from July 27-30th. (Thursday to Sunday)
- • Toontown Rewritten will be attending all four days with a big activity area, as well as two panels led by the development team on Friday and Saturday.
- • This event is a real-world celebration for Toontown's 14th anniversary. ToonFest 2017, the annual in-game celebration of Toontown Rewritten held in Acorn Acres, will still be hosted on September 19, 2017.
- • The event will be recorded and uploaded for those who are unable to attend, but you really won't want to miss it if you are able to be there in person!
- • Toontown Rewritten receives no profit or revenue from this event -- we're in it for the celebration of all things Toontown! Convention costs are being paid out of pocket by our loyal staff members.
- • In addition to the "TOONTASTIC" activities we have in store, ReplayFX has a show floor packed with over 200,000 square feet of games, activities, and entertainment for the whole family!
- Full details on ticket prices are listed on the . Discounted tickets are available for children under 12, and children under 5 can join the fun for FREE!
- Thousands of people come to ReplayFX every year, which means you will want to get your tickets and hotel as soon as possible.
- This year is shaping up to become Toontown's biggest year ever, and we anticipate that this event will be one of the highlights of the year. We can't wait for you to see what we have in store.
- Ready to start planning your summer vacation? Join us for the most TOONTASTIC event of the year! Stay TOONed for more information about the event in the coming weeks, and feel free to with questions.
- We can't wait to see you at ToonFest!
- Are YOU Toon Enough?
Posted by Doctor Surlee on April 1, 2017 02:00 PM
- Greetings, Toontown. My name is Doctor Surlee, some of you may know me. I am a scientist from Loony Labs who has been investigating the many anomalies in Toontown, and inventing in my spare time! You just took a step into the silliest week of Toontown, and this year I fear will be the silliest one yet. Welcome one and all to the wacky, weird, and wild April Toons Week!
- Every year on the first day of April, the silliness levels of Toontown rise to unimaginable levels. The pranks pulled cause things to go bananas, and while I may be a monkey -- those bananas are too crazy for me.
- This year, however... Something is different. We've tied up Sir Max to make sure he couldn't do anything crazy (He says hello! He's in my supply closet at the moment.), but the weirdness is still here! It's mind-boggling. If there is no joke, what could be causing this silliness?
- I've listed my findings below of the wacky happenings around town.
- Toon sounds have been jumbled!
- As I write this post, I currently sound like a bunny. This disturbs me. Silly Particles are swapping between Toons and causing one to sound like the other.
- Effects have gone haywire!
- It's fun to change the size of your Toon with a ToonTask, but this is just out of hand. Toons are reporting all sorts of size changes due to the amount of laughs floating around town.
- Gadzooks! The gravity is gone!
- I was awoken this morning by my lab being ripped out of the ground by a wacky wave that affected the gravity. As you roam around Playgrounds, waves of wackiness will cause the gravity to go berserk. Hang onto something!
- The S.I.L.L.I. Team is at it again!
- To help detect these animated anomalies, the S.I.L.L.I. Team (Scientists Interested in Laugh Levels Increasing) have rented out the Pet Shop once again, and without me in the office they need some lab monkeys! If you didn't help him last year, Professor Prepostera is offering limited time ToonTasks this week to track down this silliness.
- This silliness can't just be coming from thin air! But where is it coming from? WHO is it coming from? Toons, I need your help to figure this out. Personally, I suspect the mailboxes.
- Something is out there... And this silliness won't stop until we find whatever it is. Grab your friends and start a search for the silliness!
Posted by Flippy on April 8, 2017 9:15 AM
- Flippy here, President of the Toon Council! I'm feeling more than totally Toonifically Toontastic right now, because the most wonderful news was just delivered to my desk: My lost Doodle, Fluffy, has been spotted! Check out this new video straight from Toon HQ:
- It's the most crazy thing. As many of you know, has been wackier than ever. Doctor Surlee has been trying to track down the silliness, but he just couldn't understand it! That is, until seeing my little green guy running around the streets of Toontown.
- Since then, we've been getting nonstop reports about Fluffy sightings all over the place. He's in the buildings, trying to find his way back to Toon Hall! Oh, I just hope he won't run into any Cogs out there. I need YOUR help to track down my lost Doodle once and for all.
- Toon Troopers will be scattered throughout Toontown to help players track Fluffy down, and better yet, you should form groups to get together and find him! Toons are reporting that Fluffy likes to hide in buildings on the streets, and all of this silliness apparently makes him talk like a Toon!
- Please, help me find my Doodle! I miss him so very much. Rumors from Toons who have seen him says that he has something important to tell me about his friends. What could it be?
- There's only one way to find out. Let's get out there and find FLUFFY!
Posted by Flippy on April 10, 2017 06:40 PM
- Toontown, I cannot thank you enough. Thanks to the valiant Toons who searched up, down, and around Toontown -- My pet Doodle, Fluffy, has been FOUND! And that's not all... Boy, have I got a surprise for you.
- Just this morning, a couple of Toon Troopers managed to lure Fluffy to Toon Hall with a massive amount of jellybeans before he teleported away again. I knew I should have never given him my spare Portable Hole! Seeing my precious pet again was the most excited I've been since I first found the little guy at ToonFest!
- The excitement didn't end there, however. April Toons Week has ended, but there was enough silliness in the air from our big that Fluffy was able to tell me about a land known as "Doodlevania", just off of the outskirts of where we built our ToonFest Grounds!
- Doodlevania is where Fluffy came from, and he told me all about his friends there who love jellybeans and are very eager to join Fluffy with the Toons of Toontown. He's been wanting to tell me this for MONTHS, but April Toons Week was the only time he could talk! The poor guy even forgot where Toon Hall was after so long.
- "Let's go, then!", I exclaimed to Fluffy after hearing about Doodlevania. I was ready to put a task force of Toon Troopers together to go find the rest of his Doodle friends, but upon walking out of Toon Hall... There was no need! The Doodles of Doodlevania followed Fluffy all the way to Toontown, and they're ALL in need of places to call home!
- Toons, Fluffy's friends need our help! If the rest of the Doodles are anything like Fluffy, then I can assure you that a Doodle is a Toon's best friend. Starting TODAY, the Pet Shops have opened and Doodles are up for adoption!
- The younger Doodles can be found in Toontown Central, who may have a hard time learning tricks, but they're still as cute as a button. Higher level Playgrounds have the Doodles who have already learned how to be silly and can learn how to do tricks much more quickly! They'll require a higher cost of jellybeans to take care of, however.
- There you have it, Toons. Doodles are officially joining Toontown, and they're here to stay! Talk about an exciting day in Toon History.
- Now, what are you waiting for? Go out and adopt a Doodle TODAY!
Posted by Toon HQ on April 15, 2017 07:00 AM
- Looking for ways to avoid paying taxes? We've got seven tricks for you: Jump, Beg, Rollover, Backflip, Dance, Speak, and Play Dead! It's that time of year again, but this isn't just a regular Tax Day Mega-Invasion. These Cogs are trying to take away our Doodles!
- 'ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- Number Crunchers are taking over Toontown!!!
- The Cogs can't stand when Toontown gets something silly, and you can bet your britches that they aren't happy about the new pets that are bringing us so many laughs. They've sent in the Number Crunchers to retaliate, but luckily, we have a secret weapon...
- The Resistance Rangers! Lord Lowden Clear, leader of the Toon Resistance, has given the command to release the Resistance Rangers to roam the streets of Toontown. All throughout the weekend, you may see these purple-clothed pie-tossers running around to help Toons in battle against the Number Crunchers.
- That's not all: Our Doodles are here to help! Check out your "SOS" panel and call your Doodle if you need some assistance in battle. They'll try to do a trick to keep you Tooned-Up!
- We've managed to secure the following districts from the Number Crunchers, but we'll need your help to fight the back the others:
- Toontown needs YOUR help. Call your Doodle, find a Resistance Ranger, and fight back the Tax!
Posted by Sir Max on May 16, 2017 02:30 PM
- Good to see you again, Toontown! Can you believe that it's been one entire month since the last blog post? The Toon Council has been keeping me busy with a routine checkup on everything going on. So, what HAS been going on in Toontown for the past month? I'm glad that you ask...
- Some Toons have been saying to me "Sir Max, have you lost your touch--" and they didn't even get to place a question mark at the end of their sentence before I had blasted them with a good ol' fashioned seltzer bottle. Don't mess with me and my blog posts.
- It all started after the Mega-Invasion last month. The Resistance Rangers, or as I like to call them, "purple ninjas", had blown Toons away with their valiant fight against the Cogs, and as a Toon Trooper, I couldn't let those purple ninjas get the upper hand in silliness!
- In the first week of my check up on all things silly, I stopped by my fellow Toon Trooper, Hawkheart, to see what was going on with the construction for Toon Parties. Boy, am I glad I stopped by. He only had ten cannons set up! How are you supposed to get Toontown's top celebrities to show up without at least 20 cannons in the establishment?
- He assured me that he would get it corrected, and I moved on to check up on how things were going with Lord Lowden Clear. He's the leader of the Resistance Rangers, after all, so it seems more than necessary to do a little small bit of sabotage so that us Toon Troopers can get the upper hand on silliness.
- Upon arriving at the secret Toon Resistance meeting place, it turns out that they were in some sort of "classified" meeting, so they wouldn't let me in. I don't know why a meeting about the classifieds section of a newspaper is so secret, but I know it certainly isn't silly. Things were looking good for the Toon Troopers!
- Finally, I stopped by Toon HQ to see what my next assignment was. They were busy tracking an incoming Cog threat that could hit as soon as this weekend. While I was gone, however some of the other Toon Troopers had put together one of the largest updates to date full of all sorts of widely requested things from the Toons of Toontown!
- Below you can find a full list of the many things our Toon Troopers have been working on over the past month. This doesn't even include the work we've done on the upcoming Toon Parties, Toon Species Election, or ToonFest!
- I'll be back to see you all again soon -- and rest assured, it won't be another month of madness without blog posts!
Posted by Mr. Hollywood on May 20, 2017 03:00 PM
- Hello, Toons. Let's get this show rolling. My casting director earned me a part in this production of "The Toontown Blog", so prepare yourselves for a grand show. I hope you haven't forgotten your lines.
- Lights, camera, action. The Mr. Hollywood's grand Mega-Invasion has begun, and Toontown is the stage. Not even The Big Cheese could put on an act like this corporate takeover. We've got three separate showings of this debut, lasting all the way until Monday night.
- Now, there's no need to hide behind your seats. The genre of this film is a romance, one between money and business. Ticket sales have skyrocketed, you know. What this is NOT, however, is a comedy. I refuse to let my show be ruined by such poor comedic relief!
- The stage has been set -- Mr. Hollywoods as the starring role, Resistance Rangers hitting the streets as the villains... Ah, and of course: The role of the defeated Toon will be played by - YOU!'
- Toon HQ: The Mr. Hollywoods have taken over Toontown! We need YOUR help to take back our town. Resistance Rangers have been dispatched, and you can find them in any invading district throughout the event. The invasion will last until midnight Toontown Time (PST) on Monday.
Posted by The TTR Team on May 22, 2017 01:00 PM
- We're getting ready for , the biggest celebration of Toontown on this side of the Tooniverse! In the weeks leading up to the event we have all sorts of exciting announcements, but this first one may be the most massive announcement in ToonFest history...
- Two of Toontown Online's original developers, Jesse Schell and Shawn Patton, will be joining us on stage, in-person, right here at ToonFest 2017!
- Many of you know Jesse Schell as one of the lead creators of Toontown who joined us in the past with and virtual for ToonFest. This year, he's joining us in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to be up close and personal with Toontown fans from across the globe.
- Joining him will be Shawn Patton, another developer who worked on Toontown Online in its early stages and now works with Jesse at his Pittsburgh-based entertainment company, Schell Games. Both Shawn and Jesse are major Toontown fans and are hoping to see the game officially revived in the future.
- About Jesse Schell
- Jesse Schell is not only one of the original developers behind 'Toontown Online, he was the lead designer who brought the Tooniverse to life. After developing Toontown, Jesse Schell left Walt Disney Imagineering to become Distinguished Professor of Entertainment Technology at Carnegie Mellon University.
- In 2002, he also established his own game studio, Schell Games, which today is the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Jesse continues to follow Toontown and its fans, and is an active supporter of Toontown Rewritten.
- About Shawn Patton
- Shawn Patton first worked on Toontown in 2002 when he helped to develop Create-a-Toon and some trolley games, including Match Minnie and the Ring Game. After that, he was heavily involved in the creation of Toontown Parties, and worked on both the mini-games and the party editor.
- Currently Shawn is Senior Designer at Schell Games, where he has been an important part of the design team for the last fifteen years. Most recently, he served as Design Director on the company's latest VR escape-the-room puzzle game I Expect You To Die.
- Jesse and Shawn are super excited to be attending this year, and we are more than excited to have them. They will be with us most on Friday, July 28th to participate in the main ToonFest panel and answer all sorts of questions from Toons like YOU!
- What are you waiting for? Start planning your Toontastic trip today to come see us! This is going to be Toontown's largest event yet, and we can't wait for you to see what's in store.
- Stay TOONed for more information coming soon about ToonFest at ReplayFX 2017.
Posted by The TTR Team on June 2, 2017 03:00 PM
- On June 2nd, 2003, Disney's Toontown Online officially opened its doors to the Toons of the world. Some of us may have started playing on that very date -- and some of us may not have even been born yet! Toons young and old, we're inviting you to join us as we celebrate Fourteen Years of Toontown!
- Toontown has been through a lot over the years. Before Disney closed the game, it had been alive for ten years of outrageous fun -- and a massive amount of pies. Who knew that four years later, Toontown would still be thriving, and about to celebrate what we hope will become its best year yet!
- At the beginning of 2017, we told you about some of our , and how we were hoping to move Toontown out of beta this year. The big was our first initiative to prove to the players that we were serious about this, and boy did we mean it. We're happy to announce that Toontown is fully on track to move out of beta before the end of the year.
- Since then, our team has been hard at work preparing for , a real world event being held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where we'll be showing you all of the wonderful things we have in store. It's going to be the biggest and best ToonFest yet -- so big that some of the to meet players just like YOU!
- Now, now, we'll quit being so sappy. We know what you're wondering: What is in store for Toontown Rewritten this year? We can't reveal you all of the details, but we sure can tell you a few.
- Here's what we've been working on lately:
- • Our efforts have been focused on closing up any unfinished promises that we've made to you. Parties, improved racing, and plenty of bugfixes are in development and coming soon.
- • Toontown's new website is in progress and will be released at long last! We'll miss you, green street sign.
- • Field Offices are the only feature from Toontown Online that will not be released before the end of beta -- instead, our game designers are currently retooling them for brand new end-of-game content, aiming to be released next year.
- • Toontown will be seeing the first new species in town for the first time since 2008! We have been prototyping the final two species of the vote, and will be bringing you more information about that soon.
- • At ReplayFX 2017, we're putting on the biggest ToonFest show yet. Even if you're unable to attend, you'll be able to follow along right here on the Toontown blog. Mark your calendars and stay TOONed from July 27-30!
- These are just a few of the things that have been taking up our time, and as we get closer to the convention, you may notice some silence from us. This isn't because we've forgotten you, but because we're busy preparing the important things that will be happening there. You can expect that ToonFest will break that silence!
- Our goal here at Toontown Rewritten has always been to preserve Toontown and work towards the goal of bringing it back. We took Jesse Schell's advice in 2013 to keep the passion for Toontown alive, and you, as the players, have pushed that further than we ever hoped to be possible. Because of this, today, there is still hope for Toontown's future.
- We're very excited to move forward with our dreams for Toontown, and we hope that you will support us through it so that we can show Disney how important this game is to us!
- It's time to blow out the candles, watch the in-game Fireworks, and give a big message to the game we all enjoy: Happy 14th Birthday, Toontown!
Posted by Toon HQ on June 12, 2017 04:00 PM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- Skelecogs are taking over Toontown!!!
- Toontown's birthday filled our town with a grand, silly celebration -- a kind of celebration that the Cogs can't stand! Their factory has kicked up to maximum speed, completely skipping the suits and sending out Skelecogs to invade Toontown!
- Skelecogs are no force to reckon with. We expect that they'll be invading Toontown for the next two days, but luckily, the Toon Resistance is on the case. Resistance Rangers are hitting the streets to help Toons defeat this metal menace, and they're handing out Toon Resistance uniforms!
- We've also managed to secure the following safe districts:
- In response to Toon feedback, Toon HQ managed to secure additional safe districts so that even more of Toontown is protected from the Cogs during Mega-Invasions!
- Thanks for your service to Toontown, Toons! Go out there and help the Resistance Rangers fight back those scary Skelecogs!
===Posted by The TTR Team on June 26, 2017 04:00 PM
- Toons far and wide, this announcement is for YOU! We're just a month away from the biggest ToonFest event to date, and this post is going to tell you all about the reasons to get excited. We have a lot in store for you, even if you're unable to attend!
- This year's ToonFest is heading to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and if possible we want every Toon in the world to attend to see the BIG thing we've been cooking up. We've been preparing for this event for many months, but we know it's not possible for everyone to be there for one reason or another. Luckily, we have an idea...
- Because this year's event has a lot more in store than year's past, we have been working on a plan that will allow every Toon in Toontown to participate even if you're not able to attend. For the first time ever, ToonFest will be LIVE on ToontownRewritten.com!
- That's right. Join us right here on the website from July 27-30th for a grand bunch of fun, and lots of surprises in store. Even if you've been taking a break from Toontown, you may find that this event restores your interest!
- When will these livestreams take place, you ask? Here is exclusive information on the two most major events that will be taking place over the weekend:
- Friday - July 28
- ToonFest: The Main Event
- 12:30PM - 2:00PM (Toontown Time, PST)
- The main event for ToonFest is jam-packed with exciting announcements, behind-the-scenes peeks, and a lot of laughs. This is where we showcase the biggest surprises that we have in store, followed by a Q&A with Toontown Online developers Jesse Schell and Shawn Patton!
- Saturday - July 29
- Behind the Scenes with the Toontown Team
- 10:30AM - 11:30AM (Toontown Time, PST)
- Learn what Toontown is all about and what makes the game thrive, featuring a Q&A session with the Toontown Team to answer questions from players about anything and everything related to Toontown's past, present, and future.
- These are just the two most major activities that will be taking place over the weekend, but there are a lot more! To follow along with the smaller moments, we'll be posting frequent updates on , , , , , and throughout the weekend.
- Although we have all of these opportunities to follow along at home, we can't deny that the real fun comes from being there in person! People attending the event will be able to receive lots of free real-world Toontown prizes, exclusive in-game items, the chance to meet the developers of the game! (That's not even mentioning the other activities in store.)
- Whether you're able to attend ToonFest or not, we're going to make sure you have a blast during that weekend. Keep up with our website for more information, and mark your calendars from July 27-30th for ToonFest at ReplayFX 2017!
- More Information:
- • ReplayFX Update: Take Your Vacation to the Tooniverse!
Posted by Sir Max on July 4, 2017 04:30 PM
- Independence Day is a day to celebrate all of the wonderful ideals that we hold so dear. Picnics, barbecues, baseball, parades -- these are just a few of the great pastimes that we celebrate on this hot summer day. When the sun sets, however, we have the most celebrated pastime of all: Fireworks. Sparklers. Explosions!
- Even the Legal Eagles seem to be "enjoying" on this festive Fourth of July, they're flying through the sky to make sure Toons are following the local regulations about our skyward pyrotechnics. Spoiler alert, though: We aren't!
- It's simply unpatriotic to celebrate the Fourth of July without fireworks and other various explosives. I won't stand for it! Sure, there's been some danger (McQuack specifically chose to go on vacation this week), but that shouldn't stop us from trying to make it even more dangerous than ever before.
- Us Toon Troopers have been working ourselves to the brim in preparation for ToonFest, which you'll see very soon, but you all know I wouldn't let July 4th go without any fireworks. From now until July 6th at 11:59PM, you can watch fireworks take over the sky and blast those Cogs out of the air every hour, on the hour!
- I hope that you all enjoy your Independence day, and don't forget to go out and give those Cogs a good pie to the face. You may even see Toon Troopers running around (Such as yours truly) throughout the firework extravaganza!
Posted by The TTR Team on July 13, 2017 02:00 PM
- Hiya everybody! It's been a while since we've had a Backstage column, hasn't it? With coming up, we decided that it was high time to give you some more information with what's going on with the Toontown Rewritten Team.
- My name’s Kam (You may know me as “Anna Sun” around Toontown) and I’m here to bring you a behind-the-scenes look at one of the many mysteries of Toontown: Our Game Moderators!
- What's Moderation All About?
- It’s a well known fact that Toons just want to have fun, and that’s why our moderation team is here to help! We dedicate our time towards keeping Toontown Rewritten a safe and friendly environment for players of all ages. With over 20 moderators working around the clock and more currently in training, we represent the largest division of the Toontown Rewritten team.
- Moderators? Quick, HIDE!
- You might be wondering what a moderator actually does on duty. Contrary to what some Toons may tell you, we don’t spend our time scheming against players. We're here to help you! Moderators are here to make Toontown more enjoyable, and the last thing they want is less people playing the game.
- At any given time, our moderation team is approving names, sifting through blog comments, monitoring actions within the game, answering emails, handling reported Toons, and that's only the beginning of it.
- Fun fact: Each moderator can review over one thousand names per day! Keep that in mind next time you're waiting for your name to be approved.
- With so much to do, our first priority is keeping the game clean. Toontown Rewritten was created to be a safe game that entire families could enjoy together, whether young or old. Protecting the youngest among us is our top concern!
- Sometimes people think that reports and bans are handled by automated systems, but robots are for Cogs, not Toons! That’s why we believe in reviewing each individual case by hand. Every name, infraction, and email receives personal attention from at least one moderator, ensuring that your voice is heard and that you’re in good hands (or gloves!).
- No moderator is ever “out to get you”, and even if they were, another moderator would put a stop to it! Our game is designed around the players, and so we don’t take bans lightly.
- Moderators and YOU
- We know rotten apples have a certain smell, but it might surprise you to learn that only 0.73% of accounts registered with Toontown Rewritten have ever received any kind of infraction. The overwhelming majority of Toons never receive an infraction, and we tell you this so that you know not to fear us moderators. We’re on your side!
- If you ever spot a troublemaker trying to ruin another Toon’s fun, You can lend us a hand by using the report button in-game or sending us an email with the Toon ID, time, district, and any other information you can give us about the disturbance. Thanks to our amazing Technical Operations team, we can see every report made in real time and take care of problems faster than ever before.
- Learning to Look
- We do our best to ensure that our moderators are well-equipped for the task at hand. Each new member of our moderation team spends an extensive amount of time in training, where a mentor teaches them how to use our many tools to track down trouble.
- Did you know? Our staff members actually have to pass a certification test to be able to teach new moderators to make sure they are always fit for the job.
- Think you might have what it takes to join us and help out Toontown? I’ve got great news for you: you can! We’re always accepting applications for our team, and you can find them on the of our website.
- I hope that you enjoyed this little glance into the innerworkings of the Toontown team. It’s not always a glamorous job, but we enjoy doing anything we can to keep Toontown alive. We’re looking for some Toontastic individuals who share those ideals, and want to make sure Toontown stays fun for everyone!
- Thanks for reading, and keep your eyes peeled for more Backstage information at !
- BONUS: Moderation FAQ
- Q: I’m applying for moderator but I’ve recieved an infraction in the past. Will this disqualify me?
- A: Your infraction history does factor into your application, but most infractions will not disqualify you immediately. Only the most severe infractions will immediately make you ineligible. We understand that people make mistakes!
- Q: Why was my infraction harsher than someone I know who did the exact same thing?
- A: Multiple factors affect the consequence of your infraction. The severity of action itself and the amount of prior infractions on any of your accounts will determine the infraction that you receive.
- Q: Why haven’t I received a response to my email yet?
- A: In short, answering emails takes time and we receive a lot of them. We do our best to answer everything in a timely fashion, but if you haven’t gotten an answer after one week's time, feel free to email us again! Your email probably got lost in the mail somewhere. If it hasn’t been a full week yet, we thank you for your patience and we’ll get to yours soon!
- Q: What are you looking for in moderation applications?
- A: We’re looking for applicants that are active, eager to learn, and dedicated to the job. Although we hire from all experience levels and time zones, prior moderation experience and/or residing in a non-US time zone are particularly beneficial to your application.
- Moderation requires a mandatory age minimum of 13 due to the nature of the content being viewed. Additionally, we strongly recommend our applicants be at least 16 years of age because of this. We also encourage you to tell us about any other unique skills you might have. It’s important to note that each department has its own standards for applications, so this information does not necessarily apply for other staff positions.
- Q: Why is some behavior prohibited that most other online games allow?
- A: Something that makes Toontown Rewritten so unique is its dedication to remaining suitable for all ages. We want to ensure that even our youngest players are able to experience the game so we gear our Terms of Service towards preserving this goal.
- Q: Why was my Toon’s name rejected?
- A: Our Naming Guidelines can be found . Still not sure? Feel free to drop us an email at with the name in question and we’ll be happy to elaborate!
- Q: What do you ban for?
- A: That information can be found in our .
- Q: Can you really get terminated for saying “You Stink!”? It’s a phrase in the Speedchat so how can it be bad?
- A: Rest assured, you cannot be banned for saying “You stink!” -- however, you can be banned for harassment. Using “You stink!” or any phrase to harass another Toon (That is, following them around or continuing to bother them after they’ve asked you to stop) can result in an infraction. We’re all humans behind the Toon, so please be friendly to one another!
- Q: Why do you reject so many applications if you need more moderators?
- A: We want to ensure our staff is as qualified as possible so you get a safe, fun experience while playing Toontown Rewritten. Don’t worry, though -- it doesn’t mean you did anything wrong! Moderation simply isn’t for everyone.