The neighborhoods are named by the order of where the Toons go for progression: Toontown Central, Donald's Dock, Daisy Gardens, Minnie's Melodyland, The Brrrgh, and Donald's Dreamland. There are two neighborhoods in which Toons do not have to do toontasks in; Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres and Goofy Speedway. Another playground is the Event Grounds, which is only accessible during special events.
Points of Interest
- Main article: Toon HQ
A Toon HQ is the main toon builidng located in every playground and street. In Toontown Rewritten Alpha, Toon HQs were essentially just there for decoration. Though the buildings can be entered, there's nothing to do while inside. This changed during Beta, where Toons could receive ToonTasks from the four HQ Officers inside, just as in Toontown Online.
- Main article: Fishing
The fishing pond is a small body of water in every playground. By standing on one of the docks, a Toon may fish to earn fish or small Jellybean Jars. The fish can then be sold to Fishermen in exchange for Jellybeans. The small black shadows in the ponds represent fish, old boots, or Jellybean Jars. Toons may also fish here to complete ToonTasks.
- Main article: Trolley
The Trolley is a locomotive that Toons can ride to play mini-games called "Trolley Games" to earn more Jellybeans. Up to four Toons can play, and there are some Trolley Games that can only be played with multiple Toons. Once a Trolley Game is finished, the Toon(s) then collect their rewards (Jellybeans), and the Toon(s) have(/has) the choice to play another game or return to the playground. There are 17 Trolley games in total.
- Main article: Gag Shop
A Gag Shop is a building where Toons can restock their gags by paying with jellybeans. Gag Shops can only be found in playgrounds.
Each playground has a Party Planning Station which is not functional at this time. Each Station has 2 Party Planner Toons, who help to plan the parties.
- During the Doomsday event on the 19th April 2014, Cogs invaded the Toontown Central playground, surprising audiences of the Toon Council Presidential Elections. Also, Slappy was taken during the invasion and Toons faced off against a Cog Supervisor, the Director of Ambush Marketing.
- Before that and from that point on, playgrounds are peaceful and Toons-only.
- The DDL playground is one big bed.
- Donald Duck is the only NPC in Toontown Rewritten with two playgrounds.
- When Toontown Rewritten was still in it's early alpha stages, parties were actually working. They could be accessed by Toons.
- There is an extra cloud on the map which is rumored to be another playground.