This page lists the release notes for Toontown Rewritten during the year of 2013.
October 28, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gafba7f3]
- • Initial Release of Toontown Rewritten Alpha
- • Engine Upgrades - We're now running Panda3D v1.8.1!
- • Rewrote Nametags for optimization and engine compatibility. This is a work in progress, so please excuse the messy looking tags.
- • Implemented new loading system via DNA parsing - also work in progress.
- • Safeguarded the client against malicious code injection (No more hackers!)
- • Logs and screenshots are now stored in their respective folders to eliminate clutter
- • Dropped MIDI music format for OGG. This is to plan to support Linux later in development.
- • Scrubbed and polished gears to increase overall security and stability
- • Basic Gameplay - You can create toons, chat, and play the Maze Game. (Until a proper word filter is set up, only Speedchat is available. This will change very soon.)
- • Converted Toontown Central to the new loading method (Other areas will soon follow!)
- • Added native 16:9 support (No more stretching when you maximize your game!)
- • Recreated a few minor textures for HD and 16:9 support.
- • Added more clothing to Make-a-Toon
- • Added more chat bubble colors: What other colors do you want to see?
October 29, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g2910f4f]
- • Visual Improvements to Nametags
- • Fix crash when switching to full screen
- • Various server stability improvements
- • Added Cannon Game and Toon Tag
October 30, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gaf01490]
- • Adjust nametag disappearance to work similar to Disney's Toontown
- • Fix the "Slendertoon" bug in Make-a-Toon
- • Retitle game window
- • Ring Game with widescreen support
- • Added Alpha SpeedChat phrases
- • Implemented oinks, woofs, meows, and other toon sounds. Owooo!
October 31, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g2a2346a]
- • Fix a nasty District Reset bug that happens when you disconnect while on a departing Trolley.
- • Updated more game sounds to OGG format for smaller size and future Linux support
- • In the spirit of Halloween, Flippy is campaigning in Toontown Central by turning cats into black cats.
- • By popular demand, Minnie has offered to teach a dance class. You can reach her studio through the Trolley.
- • The Chatless Update continues! Popular phrases have been added and rearranged. Send us some feedback to see what other phrases you want in the game!
November 1, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gc6a6c23]
- • Fix a bug that would occasionally cause the camera to act up during the Cannon Game.
- • Server Stability
- • Implement the Race Game. Be sure to head over to our Alpha forum to vote for the next game!
- • The Chatless Update is complete! More phrases have been added and cleaned up based on your feedback.
November 2, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g873fb10]
- • Fix that pesky "Error 117" disconnection bug
- • Perform a vectored I/O to increase network efficiency
- • Enable TCP_NODELAY to decrease server ping
- • Better detect dead connections to prevent them from running indefinitely
- • Fix a major server hang that would caused all other player movement to freeze
- • Even more server stability
- • Fix Match Minnie music to loop correctly
- • Add SpeedChat+ as a thanks for feedback during the Chatless Update. The whitelist is slightly modified based off of common complaints.
- • Minor SpeedChat rewording
- • Implement Fishing! Currently, only the twig rod is available.
- • Implement Toon Escape, a game based off of escaping from a robot factory. Not like we'll ever need to learn that, though!
November 3, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gf2e5ea6]
- • Fix a crash when clicking "Exit Toontown"
- • Add better Anti-Cheat security for fishing
- • Play Ring Game music at the correct time so that it doesn't end early
- • Improve widescreen support! The game is no longer cut off vertically when resizing the window.
- • Put scores in their correct location at the end of Toon Escape
- • Fix SpeedChat+ GUI on widescreen windows
- • Show correct color for whitelisted words in SpeedChat+
- • Implement Tug-of-War Game, as voted by the community
- • You can now catch Jellybean Jars and Boots when fishing (You know you missed those boots!)
- • Recolor "New Record!" text to be easily distinguishable from "New Species!"
November 4, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gadab1b3]
- • Fix a few cases where the new widescreen support would be switched back to the old. (Entering the trolley, for example)
- • Fix a district reset bug
- • Show fishing GUI correctly on widescreen
- • Implement new Ice Hockey Game
November 5, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g23a3881]
- • Fix networking issues that we've been experiencing the past two days. Sorry about that!
- • Fix a major memory leak, which caused computer usage to build up over time and eventually cause a "TTREngine.exe has stopped working" crash.
- • Fix missing textures on the widescreen fishing GUI.
- • Implement Jungle Vines. Come join our expedition!
November 6, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1f22c50]
- • Send the server information whenever a client crashes
- • Possibly fix some timers being off-sync
- • Possibly fix issues where toons would appear to jump or lag to different positions rather than smoothly running. Most noticeable in Tag Game.
- • Use melted Ice Rink to build Treasure Dive
- • Upgrade all rods to Bamboo
November 7, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g3fceec2]
- • A bunch of internal architecture changes.
- • Fix a nasty typo that caused clients to crash when hitting non-existent fishing targets.
- • Add Catching Game - all credit goes to McQuack! Definitely not Sir Max.
November 8, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g3fceec2]
- • Prevent Fisherman Freddy message spam
- • Implement Toon Slingshot - Due to a severe umbrella shortage, Toon Slingshot will temporarily only be able to be played by a single toon at a time. Groups will be added soon.
November 9, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g5c6d364]
- • Many new backend features to help us out with various things
- • Fix strange GUI scaling when receiving Jellybeans after a Trolley
- • Updated Whitelist to include community-suggested words
- • Remove Trolley Transport Tunnel
- • Build "Trolley Tracks", a new way of transportation throughout games.
- • Upgrade everyone's Bamboo rods to Hardwood
- • Increase Jellybean Jar size to 120 - this is only to help with testing
- • Add Bingo cards to the Fishing docks. Grab your new rod and play a game of Fish Bingo!
- • Implement Toon T.A.G.S. - an invention created by Loony Labs to show the names of toons above their head in a stylized manor.
- • Implement the Toon Memory Game
- • The Great Umbrella Shortage of 2013 has been resolved! You can now play Toon Slingshot with your friends.
November 10, 2013 [ttr-alpha-9c8b4ff]
- • Tons of new administrative features for us to "test" with. Please inform us if you see a staff member having too much fun!
- • Fix a district reset when clicking "Bingo"
- • Fix a bug where the Bingo reward would be listed as 0
- • Fix a bug where previous spaces would be carried over to the next card
- • Make Toons shout "BINGO!" when winning
- • Update Whitelist to include even more community-suggested words
- • Reworked more of SpeedChat based on community suggestions
- • Completely redo "Robot Thief" to improve gameplay.
- Hopefully you find it more fun than the original! If you like it, we will be making many improvements to the game in the coming days. If you don't, we will put the original "Robot Thief" back in. Please remember that it is only experimental, not a finished game.
November 11, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g7138782]
- • Fix game crash related to Fish Bingo
- • Fix bug that caused Bingo cards to not update correctly
- • Install a firmware update to Toon T.A.G.S from Loony Labs - Only slight visual improvements
November 12, 2013 [ttr-alpha-a7d1c81]
- • A few new administrative features. Yes, we are definitely having too much fun.
- • Update start positions for players 3 and 4 on Robot Thief
- • Fix widescreen Robot Thief GUI
- • Add Cringe, Bored, Confused, and Think emotions.
- FEEDBACK: Should "Emotions" be renamed to "Animations" to keep with the cartoon theme?
November 13, 2013 [ttr-alpha-da721c8]
- • Optimize Chat Bubble code and add a bit more flexibility
- • Some more administrative fun. You can now identify TTR Staff Members by Toon Trooper (Yellow) or Resistance Ranger (Green) tags.
- • Add Dance, Bow, Applause, and Delighted emotions to reenact Maxlet
November 14, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g31c9205]
- • Fix a bunch of flickering objects, Toon Slingshot being the most notable fix.
- • Fix a glitch on Treasure Dive that allowed two toons to grab the same treasure, getting double beans. (Thanks for letting us know!)
- • Add Belly Flop, Banana Peel, Laugh, and Cry emotions. Sorry once again for the lack of updates, but brace yourselves for Saturday!
November 15, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g31c9205]
- • Fix grey areas showing for Ice Slide, Jellybean reward screen, Treasure Dive, Name Acceptance Screen, and other various areas. More fixes will come over the next few days as you guys point them out.
- • We decided to save the last batch of emotes for tomorrow. Be prepared for some awesome updates!
November 16, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g31c9205]
- • Tweaks to administrative features
- • Major Update: Our new loading system that we talked about in the very first Alpha build is now complete.
- This is a HUGE step in the Alpha process. There are only two more major hurdles that we have to conquer throughout Alpha development: Estates and Battles
- • Fix Ice Slide's background flickering through the playing area
- • Fix odd Toon HQ door flickering
- • Re-add default emotions. Sorry about that!
- • Tons of fixes to The Grey leaking into Toontown:
- • Wide(er)screen support for Make-a-Toon
- • Wide(er)screen support for Loading Screens
- • Prevent the Grey from leaking in below the clouds in Robot Thief
- • Draw the Jungle of Jungle Vines in leaking Grey Zones
- • Actually fix the Grey in the name approval background
- • We've tossed the construction sign into the wood chipper: Punchline Place is now open! Head on over to Toontown's first new neighborhood: Donald's Dock.
- • Implement Photo Fun
- • Open the doors of the first Toon HQ. This is a proud day for Toontown.
- • Free Ice Cream! In celebration of this major update, Ice Cream has been spread around Toontown Central.
November 17, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gbddee5d]
- • Internal server-side code cleanup/reorganization.
- • Add a few more approved words to the chat whitelist.
- • After hours of pleading, we've finally convinced the fishermen to stop defying the laws of physics. They have returned to their normal spots.
- • Hopefully, the "error 117" disconnects are now gone once and for all.
- • Fix problem where Toons get tangled up in the jungle vines, and bring the background back with them off of the Trolley.
- • Street visibility now works normally: you can see Toons on other street segments.
- • Fix "last neighborhood" saving. This also fixes the "back to playground" button when you haven't reached the playground yet.
- • Seaweed Street and Silly Street are now open!
- • Daisy Gardens is open for business too!
- • Starfish in Donald's Dock.
November 18, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gfe652e1]
- • Minor code cleanup on neighborhoods.
- • Fix a crash upon entering Toon HQ
- • Laff-o-Dils have bloomed in Daisy Gardens!
- • Lighthouse Lane is open for business! Head on over to The Brrrgh- just ignore the big hole in the ice that definitely wasn't stolen by anyone.
- • The loading screen has been changed even more to resemble a cartoon intro.
- FEEDBACK: What other things can we change to reinforce the idea that Toontown takes place inside of a cartoon?
November 19, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g3b2d62a]
- • Minor tweaks to administrative goodies
- • Fix a crash in Match Minnie
- • Fix some rendering issues for 16-bit depth GPUs. Chat Bubbles and Nametags should no longer flicker for anyone
- • Modify some of the loading screen text to fit with the new layout
- • There was a big snowstorm in The Brrrgh! Snowflakes large enough to make you laff are covering the area
- • Minnie's Melodyland construction has been completed! Head to Loopy Lane or Sleet Street to make your way over there
November 20, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1b75482]
- • Fix a server freeze during the event loop
- • Chat Bubbles no longer slant upwards in the Canon Game
- • You will no longer get stuck on the trolley if a toon logs out mid-game.
- • Chat Bubble/Nametag flickering should be actually fixed now.
- • It looks like someone left behind some laff-notes in Minnie's Melodyland.
- • Tenor Terrace is open! Head on over to the giant fluffy pillow of Donald's Dreamland. Be careful not to fall asleep there!
November 21, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1b75482]
- • Prevent street signs from flickering
- • Fix Trolley Tracks bug on 16-bit GPUs where the tracks would flicker
- • The trolley now properly travels through tunnels in Trolley Tracks
- • Roger Dog
- • Some Zzz's have appeared in Dreamland. I wonder who is sleeping there?
- • Chip and Dale's Acorn Acres, which will serve for an activity area in Toontown, is now open! Be sure to bring some cushioned shorts- that geyser can get pretty hot
November 22, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g7f1425d]
- • Fix a crash with Photo Fun introduced with fixing streets
- • Fix a Toon Slingshot in playgrounds outside of Toontown Central
- • Shop signs shouldn't flicker anymore.
- • Actually fix Trolley Tracks flickering for 16-bit depth GPUs.
- • Toon T.A.G.S. got another firmware update from the labs to fix a few graphical issues.
- • Wake up from the horrible Roger Dog nightmare.
- • Goofy Speedway is open for business! But not actually open for business, considering we still need to get a few permits. So it's pretty much just open.
November 23, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g7f1425d]
- • Lay down framework for an upcoming new event.
- • Minor cleanup for our new loading system.
- • Toon running SFX is now synced with the animation.
- • Woke up the SpeedChat button to remove Roger Dog phrases.
- • Change some minor loading screen text here and there.
- • Rename "Emotions" to "Animations"
- • Revert Disney's update to make the Jellybean counter much faster than it needs to be. It now goes at a normal rate.
- • Goofy Speedway is really open for business! Not a fake open this time. You can head on over there to buy a Kart and start racing.
- • Opened Speedway Circuit. Thankfully Sir Max didn't touch this one.
- • Widescreen support for races.
- • Toon T.A.G.S. have received a major update from Loony Labs! This update is still in the testing phase and will receive improvements over the next few days.
- • The side of your screen now shows where toons are located around you, along with whatever wacky things they are saying.
- • Toon T.A.G.S. now grow larger when you are far away from them. You no longer have to obviously squint when trying to "remember" someone's name!
November 24, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1525a9c]
- • Minor code cleanup on Toon T.A.G.S.
- • More code cleanup for racing.
- • Tightened up administrive features to disallow selecting NPCs. I'm looking at you, Goshi!
- • Anvils will now hit the person in first place rather than last place. Turns out that the blimp pilots had the instructions upsidedown.
- • Races now give the correct amount of tickets.
- • Fix a crash if someone logs out while on a racing pad.
- • Speedups no longer mess up the camera FOV on widescreen.
- • Major visual improvements to Toon T.A.G.S.
- • Rural Raceways are now open! Just watch out for those construction workers.
November 25, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g8d8aab1]
- • Major code cleanup.
- • Fix banana peels and anvils messing up the camera FOV.
- • Improve music loop of the Kart Shop and Toon Memory Game.
- • Open up the City Circuits. Look both ways before flooring it!
- The streets are still under construction, so don't be surprised to see gaps in the buildings or stray bricks.
November 27, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g095b823]
- • Tweak the Time Manager to possibly stop the visual lag of moving players.
- • Patch up a potential exploit through one of the unimplemented backend features.
- • Improve Piejectile mechanics.
- • Goofy was knocked in the head with a wrench while fixing the ticket stand, suddenly remembering how to do math. Tickets should be completely working!
- • Fix a handful of client crashes:
- • Fix a crash relating to Toon T.A.G.S. Margins.
- • Race Game no longer causes everyone to crash if one person does.
- • Fix a racing crash when changing states.
- • Fix another racing crash upon hitting a banana peel.
- • Tweak some gears to prevent an internal client crash.
- • Chip and Dale's Minigolf is open for business! Similar to Goofy's business plan, they aren't actually open for business yet. Toons aren't the most knowledgeable when it comes to starting businesses.
- • Add THE MYSTERY TUNNEL.
November 28, 2013 [ttr-alpha-ge5d410a]
- • More changes for upcoming event
- • Actually fix banana peel crash (I hope!)
- • Tickets now display the correct amount on the winnings panel
- • Give everyone a Thanksgiving-themed Hat
November 29, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g99f2265]
- • Improvements to the new loading system
- • Cleanup a few administrative features
- • Major rework to fishing to allow more flexibility and less messy coding
- • Boost everyone's Jellybean Jar to 250 beans
- • Switch out rods to this worthless "gold" stuff.
- • Ponds are now available all over Toontown! Both Playgrounds and Streets have a dock and Fisherman available.
November 30, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g7d34f5f]
- • Implemented Butterflies
December 1, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gab5c60c]
- • Add some extra sanity checks to administrative features
Change TTR window icon and cursor- Needs fixing
- • Undo accessories and effects to prepare for future updates
- • The "Walk in the Par" course is open! Currently, golf is only singleplayer until we teach those golf balls how to behave in public.
December 2, 2013 [ttr-alpha-ge4a3f71]
- • More security and sanity checking for golf
- • Fix a few AI crashes related to racing
- • Might have possibly probably maybe fix the physics issues with golf
- • Celebrate the end of this Hole-some Sabotage with the "Hole-some Fun" course! It is now available next to the Mystery Tunnel.
- • Golf now switches to the next hole in the course, rather than exiting after the first one.
- • The golf ball shortage is over! We have an endless supply of "new" golf balls, so feel free to bring a few of your friends to the courses.
December 2, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gd3c2d4f]
- • Fix some loading issues introduced yesterday
- • Hand out complimentary golfing hats
December 15, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g9335911]
- • Preparations for upcoming event (Another new one!)
- • Remove a deprecated function from golf, making it detect collisions sanely. It's still pretty broken, though.
- • Loony Labs pushed a major update to Toon T.A.G.S.! You can now open up a display to view information about a toon by clicking on them.
- • Implemented whispering.
- • Toontown Central has finished construction! All shops and buildings are free to walk into, however the shopkeepers aren't moved in yet.
December 16, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g8c04c18]
- • Code cleanup on loading system for interiors.
Bugfixes: • Sort clickable objects by how far away they are, making them a bit more responsive and less buggy.
- • Fix nametag coloring for click/hover.
- • Fix whisper colors.
- • Flippy ran out of paint and went home. Flip for Flippy at the elections!
- • Shopkeepers have moved into their stores in Toontown Central! Be sure to stop by and give them a wave for their grand opening.
- • Donald's Dock is the real first playground to finish construction! The shopkeepers aren't in yet, but feel free to browse their stores.
December 17, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gaa7e67b]
- • Major code cleanup on the loading system.
- • Remove now-unnecessary code for golf and speedway areas.
- • Optimize playground loading and remove clean up a few messy sections.
- • Actually show the correct colors for Whispers and nametags.
- • Fix a few crashes relating to the loading system.
- • Modify and add a few shopkeeper phrases.
- • Shopkeepers have moved into Donald's Dock!
- • Daisy Gardens has completed construction! I hear that one of our alpha testers opened a gym there.
December 18, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g232ab1d]
- • Even more major cleanup and optimization to the loading system.
- • Major cleanup on street code using the optimizations made to the loading system.
- • Fix a memory leak in the loading system, causing a HUGE performance increase for most clients. Sorry that it took so long to fix, but we're loving the results!
- • Construction is complete in The Brrrgh! Check out the new shops open there.
- • Shopkeepers have moved into Daisy Gardens.
- • Widescreen support for the Toon T.A.G.S. panel.
- • Redesigned GUI for whispering. It's just a concept, but please let us know what you think!
December 19, 2013 [ttr-alpha-ge355871]
- • Prevent an occasional crash when exiting buildings.
- • Minnie's Melodyland has completed construction! All you Kool Kats better head over there and check out the shops.
- • Shopkeepers have moved into The Brrrgh. (Don't tell them, but the heating system isn't installed yet!)
December 20, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g8b625b7]
- • Shopkeepers in Minnie's Melodyland have moved in!
- • Installed heating system in The Brrrgh's shops.
- • Donald's Dreamland shops are open for browsing! (Don't worry, I snuck a few couches in there to rest on.)
December 21, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g225071c]
- • Improve code for Holidays and Events
- • Updated whitelist to add some British spellings of words
- • Unlock the inside doors of Gag Shops, Pet Shops, and Toon HQs
- • The last of the shopkeepers in Donald's Dreamland have moved in!
- • Changed Pick-a-Toon to a new winter design
- • Decorated Toontown with lights from The Brrrgh's heating system.
- • Erect Christmas Tree in Toontown Central. Don't forget to rock around it!
- • Lil' Oldman, who turns out to actually be a Blizzard Wizard, cast some sort of spell throughout Toontown to share the freezing conditions of the Brrrgh. Snow is falling everywhere!
December 22, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g4104383]
- • Whitelist Update
- • Fix a backend issue with Trolley Tracks
- • Add winter SpeedChat Menu
- • Teach everyone how to sing carols. Don't forget the list!
December 23, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g6f8fa8b]
- • Fix a few issues with caroling.
- • Make sure that toons keep their snowman heads upon logging out.
December 24, 2013 [ttr-alpha-e732fa7]
- • Allow white toons
- • Add more sanity checks to ensure that only cats and bears can have black and white colors, respectively.
- • Polar Bears are allowed in Toontown for the very first time!
- • Slappy, one of the candidates for the Toon Council Presidential Election, is standing next to Toon Hall for the next two days (Update time on December 26th) to turn any potential voters into Polar Bears! Just walk up to him and give him a cheerful greeting to get his attention.
December 25, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gdcebe6f]
- • Whitelist updates to add numbers up to 137
- • Undo a recent Disney update which allowed toons to see under the clouds of the map. It's better to explore!
- • Alpha Testers now have teleportation access to every playground
(Including Acorn Acres!)
December 26, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1af378d]
- • A couple new administrative tools
- • Backend preparations for tomorrow's update
- • Take down Christmas Lights and Tree
- • Slappy packed up just in time to get out of the storm. He sends his thanks to all of the Polar Bears that came to see him!
- • The snowstorm has turned into an all-out blizzard! Snow is falling harder than ever, and the ground of all areas is completely covered with it. Try to stay warm out there, toons!
December 27, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g22705de]
- • Undo an update that added a bit of glitchyness with nametags. We're working on a new formula for it.
- • Lil Oldman can't keep us toons down. Slappy has came back to Toontown Central to make an endless supply of snowballs for us!
- To get snowballs, simply walk up next to Slappy. He will give you 25 snowballs to throw using the Delete key. You can go back to him at any time to refill your snowballs, however you can't carry more than 25 at once.
December 29, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g2f544f8]
- • Flippy's fantastic fireworks are filling the skies! Take a look into the sky every hour until January 2nd to see the show. Every day we will be introducing a new type of fireworks display.
- • The blizzard is over! Heating has been installed into the Brrrgh again, and Lil Oldman is content with his Lumpy Cheese. Don't worry, I don't think he'll hold any grudges. It's not like he will start giving toons one of the hardest Toontasks in all of Toontown.
- • The snow has melted, and snowball fights are over. Slappy sends his thanks to everyone who participated, but he doesn't want to steal the spotlight from Flippy today.
December 30, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g8c3637e]
- • Re-enable a few sanity checks now that winter is over.
- • The server now picks a song for fireworks, ensuring that everyone hears the same music.
- • Change a couple of messages for fireworks.
- • Tweak the volume for fireworks and music so it can be heard.
- • The last of the snow has melted. The Pick-a-Toon is back to normal, and Snowman heads have melted off of toons. Thanks for a great Christmas, everyone!
- • Fireworks now choose between a few different types of shows and music. You'll rarely see the same show twice!
- • Add in the second of three sets of firework patterns. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for the finale!
December 31, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gaac80e6]
- • Remove leftover winter Speedchat Phrases
- • Doors no longer defy laws of the tooniverse and allow you to walk in through the correct side
- • Add in another set of firework patterns. These are the best ones yet!