ToonFest 2014 was an event that marked the beginning of Toontown Rewritten's Open Beta and to celebrate the first anniversary. The event was held in a temporary newly constructed area located in Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres.
The event began September 19, 2014 and ended on September 28, 2014 7:00 PM (Toontown Time). The day this celebration began was also the one year anniversary of the closure of Toontown Online.
It is a large, grassy, hilly area dotted with several pine trees and picnic tables, some of which Toons can play picnic games on. A dirt road leads from the ToonFest entrance, all the way to the ToonFest Tower along with picnic tables and the ToonFest Hot Air Balloon. Close by is a large mountain with a mysterious mine shaft coming out of it. The mineshaft is inaccessible, but can clearly be seen from the top of ToonFest Tower.
Backstage Toontown & Blog Posts
ToonFest was held from September 19, 2014 to September 28, 2014. Before the event, there were a couple of "Backstage Toontown" blog posts that covered some of Toontown Rewritten's behind-the-scenes development. During the time of the event, there were blog posts announcing updates for ToonFest.
- August 20 - ToonFest 2014 (posted by The TTR Team)
- August 24 - Backstage: Designing Doomsday (posted by The TTR Team (written by Sir Max))
- August 30 - Backstage: Redrawing Rewritten (posted by The TTR Team (written by Captain Sandy))
- September 7 - Backstage: Making the Melodies (posted by The TTR Team (written by Cool Peaches))
- September 13 - Backstage: Translating the Tooniverse (posted by The TTR Team (written by Shnutzer))
- September 16 - Backstage: Toontown Retextured (posted by The TTR Team (written by Slate))
- September 18 - ToonFest is Tomorrow! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 19 - ToonFest: Let the Festivities Begin! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 20 - ToonFest: Apparel has Arrived! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 21 - ToonFest: An Exclamation of Extension!! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 26 - ToonFest: Finally, the Finale Fireworks! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 27 - ToonFest: That's All, Folks! (posted by Flippy)
ToonFest had many activities, some of which already existed before the opening. Toons were able to play Find Four, Chinese Checkers and Checkers on the empty tables. If a Toon won one of the board games, the winner would do a victory dance (similar to how Bamboo Cane looks) and everyone in the area would get a notification about who won and lost the game. There were normal picnic tables, which would spawn food when a Toon sits somewhere on the benches.
Flippy was also at the celebration with his pie stand and his new pet doodle, Fluffy. Toons could take pies from Flippy's Pie Stand to throw at Cog dummies. Melville was standing near the ToonFest Fishing Pond, allowing Toons to fish and sell them to Melville for jellybeans. Toons also could use the ToonFest Hot Air Balloon to ride to the top of the ToonFest Tower.
From September 26, 2014 to September 28, 2014, the Finale Fireworks would be there every 3 hours until ToonFest closed.
- Toontown Rewritten's ToonFest is based on ToonFest, which was hosted by Disney for Toontown Online in both the game, and in the real world.
- This is the second event to be hosted on Toontown Rewritten, the first being the Toon Council Presidential Elections.
- In a screenshot on Backstage: Translating the Tooniverse, the banner on the Acorn Acres tunnel can be partly seen, implying that the translation features and ToonFest were already on the developer server.
- Just like the Toon Council Presidential Elections, this event includes new content that was never seen before in Toontown Online.
- ToonFest 2014 is the first time when brand new clothes were released in the game.
- September 19, 2014 was announced as ToonFest Test Day. On this day, the game was projected to break due to server floods.
- On September 21, 2014, it was announced that the event would be extended to the following Saturday; the event was originally intended to end on the following Monday.