A ToonTask is a task in which a Toon can complete to progress through the game. A ToonTask can be offered by visiting any shopkeeper or HQ Officer and selecting a ToonTask. Once a Toon has selected a ToonTask, they must complete it before selecting another ToonTask, with the exception of Just for Fun! ToonTasks. ToonTasks may involve defeating Cogs, delivering items or gags to shopkeepers, fishing, riding the Trolley, calling Clarabelle's Cattlelog, or making new friends. Once a Toon completes a ToonTask, they must visit the specified NPC shown on the ToonTask.
If you do not like the ToonTask the HQ Officer gives you, you can try talking to other HQ Officers, since each HQ Officer has different sets of ToonTasks.
If a Toon knows which NPC will be giving them their next task, they may walk right to that NPC and speak to them for the task. This is a method for people that know where they need to go next, which will help them avoid going to Toon HQ after every task they complete. For example, if a Toon knows that the next NPC they must speak to is Lil Oldman, they can simply go talk to him for his task, instead of going to an HQ Officer first.
You can view your ToonTasks by holding down the "End" key on Windows or by pressing FN + RIGHT on Mac. You can also view them through your Shticker Book.
A Toon can select between the following ToonTasks:
- Just for Fun! ToonTasks
- Progression ToonTasks
Just for Fun! ToonTasks
Just for Fun! ToonTasks are optional ToonTasks which do not progress the Toon through the storyline. The rewards for these tasks may include jellybeans, clothing tickets or Toon appearance changes, such as becoming tiny. The ToonTask rewards improve as the toon progresses through the game, however the task required to earn the reward usually becomes much harder depending on the playground the Toon is working at. These ToonTasks can also be deleted through the Shticker Book, however once deleted, the reward is not redeemed and all progress made on that task is removed permanently.
Progression ToonTasks are required to be completed to progress through the game. A shopkeeper or HQ Officer can offer certain ToonTasks depending on the point the Toon is working at. It is required to complete the Toon-torial and work your way through up to six gag tracks. The Toon will progress through the playgrounds in the following order:
- Toontown Central
- Donald's Dock
- Daisy Gardens/Sellbot Headquarters
- Minnie's Melodyland
- The Brrrgh
- Donald's Dreamland
- Cashbot Headquarters (Cashbot Cog Disguise parts)
- Lawbot Headquarters (Lawbot Cog Disguise parts)
- Bossbot Headquarters (Bossbot Cog Disguise parts)
Recovery ToonTasks are tasks which require a Toon to recover a specific item by either defeating Cogs or going fishing. The table below shows the terms and percentages.
- Often, some progression ToonTasks (such as "Defeat 2 Short Changes") are direct and are fully completed once the visible task is completed. Others, such as "Visit Professor Wiggle", lead to multiple tasks.
- Sellbot HQ is the only HQ to not have a suit that takes ToonTasks to complete.
- Toontown Central ToonTasks
- Donald's Dock ToonTasks
- Daisy Gardens ToonTasks
- Minnie's Melodyland ToonTasks
- The Brrrgh ToonTasks
- Donald's Dreamland ToonTasks
- Beta Key ToonTasks (No longer in-game)
- Toon Resistance ToonTasks (Was only available during Operation: Storm Sellbot Headquarters)
- ↑ Confirmed by Scootz from IRC