Toon Colors are colors that a player can give their Toon in Create-A-Toon and are semi-permanent, meaning they cannot be changed unless the Toon Rewrite item is purchased from Clarabelle's Cattlelog for 10,000 jellybeans. Toon Rewrite allows the player to change the color of their Toon from what they initially chose, and can only be purchased once every 6 months.
List of all colors
- Black (only for cats) - Only available on Halloween (and sometimes on Friday the 13th).
- White (only for bears) - Only available on Christmas.
- White (for all Toons) - Two different types of this effect: Polar Toon and No Color. (These effects are temporary and do not change the color of the Toon's laff meter.)
- Polar Toon can be obtained by visiting Paula Behr at Hibernation Vacations and saying "Howdy!" to her through SpeedChat. This effect makes your Toon turn big, white, and sometimes affects your clothing. The effect only lasts for one hour and only while in The Brrrgh.
- No Color can be obtained by completing Just for Fun! ToonTasks. This effect makes your Toon turn white and affects your clothing.
- Green - Only available on St. Patrick's Day. (This effect is temporary and does not change the color of the Toon's laff meter.)
- This alteration of the green color makes your whole Toon green, which includes your mouth and gloves.
- While Toontown Rewritten was in the Alpha stage, this effect could be obtained by going up to Slappy's campaign stand. Nowadays, Eugene from Green Bean Jeans offers the effect by saying "It's easy to be green!" to him through SpeedChat.
- In 2016, only the Toon's gloves would turn green.
- ToonFest Blue - Obtained by earning 300 ToonFest Tokens and purchasing it from the prize booth during ToonFest events.
- A Toon's laff meter color is determined by the Toon's head color that is chosen in Create-A-Toon.
- If a Toon types a name, their name will be displayed as their Toon's head's color (i.e. Orange Duck) until the name is approved unless the name is already in the Pick-A-Name name generator.
- There were exactly 12,284,338,176 color combinations available for a Toon in the Create-A-Toon before the addition of the ten new colors released February 1, 2015.
- Black Cats were once available on Friday the 13th in 2014 to allow people to remake their Toons.
- On January 28, 2015, it was announced that ten new Toon colors would be released to the Create-A-Toon on February 1 in the blog post Toontown Tweaks: The Start of Something Hue. The new colors were Rose Pink, Ice Blue, Mint Green, Emerald, Teal, Bronze (later renamed Apricot), Amber, Crimson, Dark Green, and Steel Blue.