- For more information about the election, see Doomsday.
Before the election, Doctor Surlee stood outside, welcoming the Toons. Once the election began, Alec Tinn, Flippy, and Slappy walked outside from Toon Hall and approached the stage. Flippy and Slappy then began their welcoming speeches. After that, Alec Tinn started the Grand Electoral Counters, revealing the winner: Slappy.
Sir Max revealed that Toons would be split up into districts to minimize crowds. Districts were able to sustain 20 Toons before becoming full, and friends can teleport into the district until it hits 30. This was later learned to be put in place to balance teams for Doomsday itself. Toontown Rewritten's official YouTube channel streamed the live event, however many others did as well.
Flippy was Slappy's opponent for the election. His campaign tactics included:
- Black Cat transformations
- Cream pies/birthday cakes - see Campaign Stands.
- Talking to Toons in Toontown Central - see Flippy/Election Phrases.
Slappy was Flippy's opponent for the election. His campaign tactics included:
- Snowball fights
- Polar Bear transformations
- Gag-up and jellybean unites - see Campaign Stands.
- Hot Air Balloon rides
- Green Toon transformations
Electoral Updates & Campaigns
The election took place from February 17, 2014 to April 19, 2014, and each candidate hosted their own daily campaigns each consecutive day. It depended which candidate hosted them, but usually one of them picked up where the other left off. The following are the list of campaigns and electoral updates that took place over the course of the election:
- February 15 - The Toon Council Presidential Elections (posted by Alec Tinn)
- February 17 - Flip For Flippy: Cobber the Competition! (posted by Flippy)
- February 19 - Don't be Wacky: Jumping for Jellybeans (posted by Slappy)
- February 21 - Flip for Flippy: Toontastic Trajectory (posted by Flippy)
- February 22 - Electoral Update: Pre-Election Jitters (posted by Alec Tinn)
- February 23 - Don't be Wacky; High in the Sky (posted by Slappy)
- February 25 - Don't be Wacky: A Slappy Surprise (posted by Slappy)
- February 27 - Flip for Flippy: Painting Pies (posted by Flippy)
- February 28 - Electoral Update: Voting goes Virtual! (posted by Alec Tinn)
- March 1 - Electoral Update: The Delightful Delays (posted by Alec Tinn)
- March 2 - Don't be Wacky: The First of the Last (posted by Slappy)
- March 4 - Flip for Flippy: Keys with Kindness (posted by Flippy)
- March 6 - Don't be Wacky: Three Cheers for Two Keys (posted by Slappy)
- March 8 - Electoral Update: An Absolutely Animated Update (posted by Alec Tinn)
- March 10 - Flip for Flippy: Who's Counting? (posted by Flippy)
- March 12 - Don't be Wacky: Another Picture Problem (posted by Slappy)
- March 14 - Electoral Update: Breaking Cannons (posted by Sir Max)
- March 15 - Electoral Update: Putting a Foot Down (posted by Alec Tinn)
- March 17 - Flip for Flippy: Out with a Bang (posted by Flippy)
- March 19 - Don't be Wacky: A Very Merry Unbirthday (posted by Slappy)
- March 21 - Electoral Update: Making History! (posted by Alec Tinn)
- March 22 - Electoral Update: Tomorrow's Just a Day Away (posted by The TTR Team)
- March 23 - Electoral Update: A Not-so-Quick Q&A (posted by Sir Max)
- April 12 - Electoral Update: The Ultimate Cliffhanger (posted by Alec Tinn)
- April 17 - Electoral Update: The Science of Democracy (posted by Professor Flake)
- April 18 - Electoral Update: Time is Ticking (posted by Alec Tinn)
- April 19 - The Toon Council Presidential Election Day (posted by Alec Tinn)
- April 20 - The Electoral Encore (posted by The TTR Team)
- April 20 - RED ALERT: "Cogs" have Invaded Toontown! (posted by Toon HQ)
- The development name for the election was known as "Doomsday".
- In the official script, Flippy's opponent was referred to as "Floppy" due to Slappy's character not being made yet.
- The decorations for the election included new 3D models and textures, made by June, Slate Blue Rabbit, Joshsora, and debuting Roger Dog and Zigguratxnaut. These models and textures were unique to Toontown Rewritten.
- In the February 22, 2014 Electoral Update, Slappy and Flippy's campaign stands were animated due to pre-election jitters. This was the first time Toontown Rewritten debuted animated objects, besides the animated telescope on the Toon Headquarters in Toontown Central.
- In the February 28, 2014 Electoral Update, Alec Tinn announced the start of voting, but also the voting limit was extended to two weeks, which means the election was delayed until March 15, 2014. Then later on the March 14, 2014 Electoral Update, Sir Max announced that the election has been delayed once again by a week and March 22, 2014 was the date. Due to server issues on March 22, the election was delayed once again and was finally put out on April 19, 2014.
- In theory, the storyline would have likely changed if Flippy was the one who won the election and went sad.
- The election was when the Cogs made their first appearance in general at Toontown Central.
- The election included interactive NPCs: Slappy, Flippy, Alec Tinn, Doctor Surlee, Doctor Dimm and Professor Prepostera. However, Doctor Dimm and Professor Prepostera did not have speaking roles.
- Slappy is considered the official winner of the election. Due to Slappy's absence, Flippy has been chosen as president by Alec Tinn and Doctor Surlee because he is the only leader left. However, Flippy once stated that he will be temporary president until Slappy returns.
- Slappy had 5 gimmicks for his campaign and Flippy only had 3, which could have been the reason that Slappy won the votes of many people.
- The original campaign stands of both Flippy and Slappy had play on words with alliteration and rhymes. Flippy's stand said "Busy Baking" while Slappy's stand had "Busy Banking."
- During one of his balloon rides, Slappy said that if he was elected president, he would remove those cardboard cutouts in the background of Toontown Central. However, it is unknown if anything will be done.
- Roger Dog "leaked" two MP4s of animations for the campaign stands in the #toontownrewritten IRC channel, which includes the and . Links to the videos reposted on the MMO Central Forums can be found here and here.
- At the time when ToonFest 2014 started, brand new clothes were released in terms of how long you played Toontown Rewritten. One of the brand new clothes are Flippy and Slappy's Doomsday Survivor shirts. Everyone who played the game during Alpha received these shirts by typing the codes in the Shticker Book "flip-for-flippy" and "dont-be-wacky".
- As stated in a backstage blog post and during OMG!Con 2015, Joey announced that they purposefully tried to make Slappy the better candidate by giving him the new content. This was done to make Slappy win the election because they did not want Flippy to go sad.
After the election ended, the camera zoomed into a portal and showed the credits. The credits included all the contributors to the Ceremony and what their purpose in the team is. When the credits finished, a message would come up on the screen telling you that the game was now closed until Beta. Several of the developers had silly captions mostly related to blog posts published by them. (For example, Hawkheart was listed as the Fish Bingo Controller. This is a direct reference to the blog post The Tale of the Fish Bingo Controller).
All the credits can be seen at the end of the election livestream around 3:04:09.
|Toontown Rewritten Credits|
|Introducing Alec Tinn|
|Announcing the Winner of the Election|
|An Unexpected Interruption|
|Doomsday Battle Music|
|Doomsday Victory Music|
|Ending the Election|